Best Team in the 9th Region in 2007

Newcath37

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood is going to rely on the JV team to step up and take the role as varsity players. They will have to have other pitchers step up to go along with Elliott and Bankamper.

Hadden- JV ace last year, pitched some varsity, tigers are really looking for him to step up.

Hall- pitched very well last year on JV and got the Win in the jv championship, should be in the starting rotation this year.

They will also need other pitchers like gohs, blair and possible sophomore nate snyder to win a few games.

Spoke with my source close to the Beeche's. It is doubtfull that he will be ready for the start of the baseball season. Not sure in fact when or if he will return. Pretty bad break. Like NYSPORTSFAN said, very similar to Chris Curley. Besides Elliott not sure how good the younger pitchers are or if they are ready for varsity ball this year. However, good coach in Coach M. I'm sure he will be competitive.

Cov Cath has at least 5 seniors that will start in o7. Popham 3r, Blesser 1st and pitch, Larkin 2nd and catch, Reis Left F, Stein Center, Houlehan ipitching and SS. I would think that right field and SS are the only two open positions that need a starter. All of these players except for Stein started last season. I see Malie at catch and Isler sharing first base with Blesser when Blesser is on the mound. Throw all the talent from the sophmore call and they should be as good or better than last year.

I would have to say that Ryle deserves the #1 nod at the begining of the season with CCH and HC pretty close at 2 and 3. Take your pick. Boone and St Henry should round out the top 5. Either of these teams can explode with the bats.

Only change I would note is that Isler (Ice) can catch also. You are correct SS is the position that is up for grabs and other than missing Blaze (still one of the nicest swing that I have every seen on a kid) they will be better...... My only other concern, is if Pop gets a good offer from a top notch college and they want him to start practicing kicking instead of playing 3rd base.....losing his leadership, glove and bat could hurt this team.

Only change I would note is that Isler (Ice) can catch also. You are correct SS is the position that is up for grabs and other than missing Blaze (still one of the nicest swing that I have every seen on a kid) they will be better...... My only other concern, is if Pop gets a good offer from a top notch college and they want him to start practicing kicking instead of playing 3rd base.....losing his leadership, glove and bat could hurt this team.

I can't imagine a team telling Shane he has to give up baseball. I've never heard of that just for the sake of practicing. He can do both.

I can't imagine a team telling Shane he has to give up baseball. I've never heard of that just for the sake of practicing. He can do both.

How long do you have to practice kicking anyway, i was of the understanding that kickers just go to practice for a half hour to an hour do their thing and leave, could be and probably am wrong on this, but i just don't see how much practice a kicker really needs.

RB, what about the 'Birds, how will the fair this year?

I see the Birds doing better than last year. Should have a better than .500 mark with some quality players returning that help beat the likes of Beechwood and Cincy St. X among a few. Actually should of been better than that last year with a couple breaks. They are still having the problem with kids wanting to go on spring break and skip baseball. New rule this year is "play baseball=no spring break" It has to start sometime so why not now. The rebuilding process will just take longer.

I see the Birds doing better than last year. Should have a better than .500 mark with some quality players returning that help beat the likes of Beechwood and Cincy St. X among a few. Actually should of been better than that last year with a couple breaks. They are still having the problem with kids wanting to go on spring break and skip baseball. New rule this year is "play baseball=no spring break" It has to start sometime so why not now. The rebuilding process will just take longer.

Couldn't agree with you more. I know some of the players from that team and they should field a quality team again this year. Nice to hear the coach is taking control.

TD, what about the pitching? Are there any standout pitchers on this team? I've heard they will go as far as the pitching takes them

TD, what about the pitching? Are there any standout pitchers on this team? I've heard they will go as far as the pitching takes them

I only know one of the pitchers, Allen. He is a senior and maybe their ace. He played for the Kings last year. He is also a good 3B or SS.