Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 82 Vanderbilt 78

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, 4 Quarters said:

Are they really improving?  Okay, I guess you're correct, they only beat Vandy  by 3 on Jan. 5th and got them by 4 tonight.

Just because you may not be happy that they still aren’t a typical UK team. It doesn’t mean they haven’t improved. Believe it or not it is ok to say a team has improved, even if still not happy with how the season has been. 
 

This season has sucked for sure. However, this team definitely has improved a lot. Especially on the offensive end. Me saying they have improved, doesn’t mean I am saying they are now good. They still have many flaws, and need to keep improving a lot still by the SEC tournament. 

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

His nephew isn't all that good in his collegiate career so far. He had one awesome game that "went viral" but that doesn't mean much if you have the defincicies that he has. He can be and hopefully will be a solid collegiate player one day. Hopefully that comes to fruition at UK.

He is a redshirt freshman, I think he would be a very solid player for us if he stayed. However, especially with how fans have been this year, it is very hard to see him staying. He will have family and fans saying he should play more. When the reality is, these last few games there has not been really any reason to play him more.  

9 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Just because you may not be happy that they still aren’t a typical UK team. It doesn’t mean they haven’t improved. Believe it or not it is ok to say a team has improved, even if still not happy with how the season has been. 
 

This season has sucked for sure. However, this team definitely has improved a lot. Especially on the offensive end. Me saying they have improved, doesn’t mean I am saying they are now good. They still have many flaws, and need to keep improving a lot still by the SEC tournament. 

No doubt, offensively. UK has scored 70+ points in five straight games. Never thought I would say that. And they have scored 80+ in three straight games. Definitely never thought I would say that.

RE: Free Throw %. They have moved up to 72.8% on the season. That is not world beater status, but it is respectable. They are collecting a handful more points a game at the FT line they would have earlier in the year, which is crucial.

10 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Glad for the W. The refs are pretty bad especially SEC officials. That Dunk by Brooks should never be a charge. Guy moved underneath him while he was giving his best Jordan impersonation. Allen’s Uncle not to excited.

736C08E9-C9A6-4D8C-A8B8-4DF7CBED4A6D.jpeg

You’re allowed to move. If his feet were set, it’s a charge. 

I've watched a lot of basketball.  Can't ever recall anyone drawing a charge while getting posterized.  

I have no clue if it was a block/charge. You could call it either way; or, do what I would do half the time, make no call at all.

The block/charge epidemic in college basketball is one of the top reasons I seldom watch it. It is physically impossible to knock over a defensive player in a spin move. They did a sports science thing on it one time that was eye opening.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

That dunk by Brooks reminded me of the Willie Cauley-Stein dunk.

Reminded me of the Perry Stevenson dunk.

26 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I have no clue if it was a block/charge. You could call it either way; or, do what I would do half the time, make no call at all.

The block/charge epidemic in college basketball is one of the top reasons I seldom watch it. It is physically impossible to knock over a defensive player in a spin move. They did a sports science thing on it one time that was eye opening.

It's a problem, but not because of these types of plays.

The only way it gets corrected is if they start really giving out T's for flopping. Since they won't ever do that, unfortunately I think we're stuck with it. 

29 minutes ago, Irish Cat said:

I've watched a lot of basketball.  Can't ever recall anyone drawing a charge while getting posterized.  

You should watch more basketball. 

35 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

The only way it gets corrected is if they start really giving out T's for flopping. Since they won't ever do that, unfortunately I think we're stuck with it. 

I really wish they would.  I sort of like selling a call to an extent but it is often so damn bad.

6 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I really wish they would.  I sort of like selling a call to an extent but it is often so damn bad.

Flops are pretty obvious to everybody, IMO. Those instances should be T'd up. Stop rewarding it, they will stop doing it. 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Flops are pretty obvious to everybody, IMO. Those instances should be T'd up. Stop rewarding it, they will stop doing it. 

Let's blame Lebron for it!

3 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Let's blame Lebron for it!

Well, now I'm sold. 

?

13 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Glad for the W. The refs are pretty bad especially SEC officials. That Dunk by Brooks should never be a charge. Guy moved underneath him while he was giving his best Jordan impersonation. Allen’s Uncle not to excited.

736C08E9-C9A6-4D8C-A8B8-4DF7CBED4A6D.jpeg

This guy isn't Dontaie's uncle. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.