Frankfort - 2021 Schedule

On 2/17/2021 at 2:01 PM, gbballfan21 said:

This is a serious question, what has happened to Frankfort? They used to always field a competitive team, and had some very good teams. I’m not taking a shot at them, I’m just curious why have they dipped so far in the last few years? Are they losing players to FC that they used to be able to keep at Frankfort? 

They went from battling Beechwood and even beating them one year, to getting beat by Eminence. Seems like a really fast free fall.

Piggy backing off my last comment... as a Bengals/Frankfort high Alum, FC had 9 players that played for the Bengals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

I do also think the staff is looking to change the culture downtown. When Deuce and I played weight lifting wasn't really a thing. It was there but we didn't have structure in that area. There is a consist 17-18 kids coming every day.

Agreed. Like you said it wasn't really a thing. It was there, but it certainly wasn't built into the culture. When numbers are as low as they always are at FHS, you absolutely have to have a weight program if you want to compete with the Beechwood's and Mayfield's of the world. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 9:02 AM, Hip-Hop Box said:

Piggy backing off my last comment... as a Bengals/Frankfort high Alum, FC had 9 players that played for the Bengals.

All of those lived in the Franklin County School district. For the most part and attended EMS.... right now there is 7-9 kids  on  the FHS roster roster that currently live in other school districts or played at other schools before FHS. Around 1/3 of the roster is my guess. 

Goins, Hammons, Stanley, Walker, Pires, Raglin, Leigh,  to name a few. 

Per the KHSAA roster there were 6 bengals players who played in the state game form my memories at least. 5 of them played for EMS. 

On 2/24/2021 at 10:04 PM, FLYGUY said:

All of those lived in the Franklin County School district. For the most part and attended EMS.... right now there is 7-9 kids  on  the FHS roster roster that currently live in other school districts or played at other schools before FHS. Around 1/3 of the roster is my guess. 

Goins, Hammons, Stanley, Walker, Pires, Raglin, Leigh,  to name a few. 

Per the KHSAA roster there were 6 bengals players who played in the state game form my memories at least. 5 of them played for EMS. 

All of this is true but, foundation was built as Bengals. The FYFL used school and address to select what team you should play for again, like Frankfort, the Bengals have the smallest draw for kids so of course there is gonna be kids come from out of the district. 

The question about why Frankfort has lost it spark I just think it starts at the youth level and when FYFL lost its structure it hurt Smaller programs. Granted FCHS (Rams/Raiders) and WHHS (Jets/cowboys) have large pools to pull from. Im not taking anything from any program I just think the bigger school are able to take those hits.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 1:54 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Aug 20 vs. Paris
Aug 27 vs. Lynn Camp
Sep 3 at Evangel Christian
Sep 10 at Doss
Sep 17 vs. Bracken County
Sep 24 at Nicholas County
Oct 1 - BYE
Oct 8 vs. Eminence (District)
Oct 15 vs, Kentucky Country Day (District)
Oct 22 at Berea (District)
Oct 29 vs. Western Hills

Frankfort.jpg.f2598bb7911f2aa856ea683231381cb3.jpg

I see that their out of Louisville, are the a private school?

6 hours ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

All of this is true but, foundation was built as Bengals. The FYFL used school and address to select what team you should play for again, like Frankfort, the Bengals have the smallest draw for kids so of course there is gonna be kids come from out of the district. 

The question about why Frankfort has lost it spark I just think it starts at the youth level and when FYFL lost its structure it hurt Smaller programs. Granted FCHS (Rams/Raiders) and WHHS (Jets/cowboys) have large pools to pull from. Im not taking anything from any program I just think the bigger school are able to take those hits.

Edited by FLYGUY
Grammar

On 2/26/2021 at 1:59 PM, Hip-Hop Box said:

I see that their out of Louisville, are the a private school?

Yes, they are a private school. They are restarting their football program.

Many players have transferred in from other high schools. Evangel will be loaded with talent.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think all public schools have up and down seasons even the great ones. Mayfield is probably one of the more consistent public schools but you go back 20 years or so and they had some down seasons ( by their standards) that seems to be the nature of the beast.

• Like 1