Frankfort - 2021 Schedule

This is a serious question, what has happened to Frankfort? They used to always field a competitive team, and had some very good teams. I’m not taking a shot at them, I’m just curious why have they dipped so far in the last few years? Are they losing players to FC that they used to be able to keep at Frankfort? 

They went from battling Beechwood and even beating them one year, to getting beat by Eminence. Seems like a really fast free fall.

4 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

This is a serious question, what has happened to Frankfort? They used to always field a competitive team, and had some very good teams. I’m not taking a shot at them, I’m just curious why have they dipped so far in the last few years? Are they losing players to FC that they used to be able to keep at Frankfort? 

They went from battling Beechwood and even beating them one year, to getting beat by Eminence. Seems like a really fast free fall.

Great questions. 

13 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

The first thing I think about in Frankfort's downturn is the numbers. They always had smaller roster numbers but the roster seems to be very thin in the numbers in recent times. To the extent that they are relying on freshmen to get a varsity team on the field.

We were always between 25-30 when I was there, and those were on "good" turnout years. According to the roster on KHSAA, they had 32 last year, so that sounds about right. 

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

How many freshmen on those rosters then versus now?

My senior class had 9 guys. There were some that joined and quit throughout the four years, but we graduated 9 of us. 

Looks like they also had 9 freshmen last year.  

22 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

My senior class had 9 guys. There were some that joined and quit throughout the four years, but we graduated 9 of us. 

Looks like they also had 9 freshmen last year.  

Maybe I'm wrong then. It felt like for 3 or 4 years they were struggling to get 20 upperclassmen on their roster which I thought was lower then normal. It is hard to have success with 20 or less upper classmen.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Maybe I'm wrong then. It felt like for 3 or 4 years they were struggling to get 20 upperclassmen on their roster which I thought was lower then normal. It is hard to have success with 20 or less upper classmen.

That's probably true, but it's not really too far from the normal we are used to. Most guys play both ways at Frankfort, it's always been that way. 

• Like 1

Same problem at Murray, most residential areas lay outside the city school district, whatever kids transfer in from out of district that same number must transfer out, not sure if this is true throughout the rest of the state but that is how Murray and Calloway have it set up, has to do with money.

2 minutes ago, breds740 said:

Same problem at Murray, most residential areas lay outside the city school district, whatever kids transfer in from out of district that same number must transfer out, not sure if this is true throughout the rest of the state but that is how Murray and Calloway have it set up, has to do with money.

Similar at Frankfort in that the district itself is very small and a lot of the talent in town goes to one of the county schools.