Realistic Replacement List For John Calipari

Tomcats1990

Replacement list for CAL  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Hypothetical your KY AD and CAL leaves after the season who are you going after?

• Mark Pope- BYU
    • Travis Steele- Xavier
    • Richard Pitino- Minnesota
    • Tony Bennett- Virginia
    • Chris Beard- Texas Tech
    • Scott Drew- Baylor
    • Nate Oats- Alabama
    • Bruce Pearl- Auburn
    • Chris Holtmann - Ohio State
    • Frank Vogel- LA Lakers

5 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Would you trade UK's last 10 years with Villanova and UConn?

Where does Calipari stand with the others who've won 1?  Who've won 0?

Yes. Anyone should want 2 over 1. If CAL had 2 we wouldn’t have this thread going. He has done less with the most besides winning tourney games and choking in Big games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like CAL I want him here till he retires but if he leaves after 14- 18 seasons and only 1 title, it will go down in history as a huge disappointment and lost opportunity. Go back and watch CAL in 2010 when he took the job. The speech he gave GOLD STANDARD, catching UCLA, etc. He has slowing turned KY into a NBA farm team. He has created a one and done monster that If you don’t leave after 1 season at KY your perceived a failure. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

...done less with more, besides winning tournament games.

Thats a real post.

There’s no banners hanging in Rupp saying KY has the most tourney wins in the last 12 years. Really could care less about most tourney wins. Banner #9 is what BBN wants not 9 wins in a season.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

There’s no banners hanging in Rupp saying KY has the most tourney wins in the last 12 years. Really could care less about most tourney wins. Banner #9 is what BBN wants not 9 wins in a season.

Didn't say there was. And I'd like another banner too. Was damn close a couple times, which is what I want. To be in the conversation come March and then see how things shake out, because as you mention for other coaches, March is madness.

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

I mean people were saying Cal needed to go before this year, because he came up one shot short of the final four twice in the last 5 years. So if that is a sign that Cal shouldn’t be at UK anymore. Then surely a coach who loses to a 15 seed should never be considered. 

Basically I’m just mocking how crazy some of our fan base is, with the things they have said about Cal. 

That was Tubby’s entire tenure basically.

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I heard Howard has the #1 ranked incoming recruiting class for Michigan. 

People are underestimating what’s going on in AA.  Howard has the juice now.  Reminds me of when people thought Jalen Rose was coming to UK to be an assistant.