Newport - 2021 Schedule

Aug 20 vs. Mason County
Aug 27 vs. Bishop Brossart
Sep 3- OPEN (Game Rescheduled to 10/29 due to COVID)
Sep 10 at Holmes
Sep 16 vs. Cincinnati College Preparatory Academy (OH)
Sep 24 vs. Newport Central Catholic
Oct 1 vs. Bellevue
Oct 8 vs. Lloyd Memorial (District)
Oct 15 at Covington Holy Cross (District)
Oct 22 at Beechwood (District)
Oct 29 at Pendleton County

Newport2.thumb.jpg.7561f89a94b7e3ffef3d82119578f85b.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, barrel said:

Fleming Co schedule posted shows them playing Harrison and not Newport. 

I saw that. I believe the Newport schedule I saw came out more recently than the Fleming County schedule, but I can't vouch for that. I left them both as-is figuring we could correct them once there's a further update that comes along.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

@InsideSlant made an awfully good point in the Newport hires Brian Weinrich as new head football coach thread...Coach Wynn's first game since leaving Newport is going to be against Newport.

11 minutes ago, InsideSlant said:

The first game on the Newport schedule is now more interesting.

The district game against Beechwood is definitely more interesting too. Coach Weinrich has spent his last 5 months getting a lot more familiar with Beechwood's players and its program in his time there as defensive coordinator.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

@InsideSlant made an awfully good point in the Newport hires Brian Weinrich as new head football coach thread...Coach Wynn's first game since leaving Newport is going to be against Newport.

The district game against Beechwood is definitely more interesting too. Coach Weinrich has spent his last 5 months getting a lot more familiar with Beechwood's players and its program in his time there as defensive coordinator.

That goes both ways. Beechwood’s coaches just learned a whole lot about Weinrich’s defense in the last 5 months.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Coach Lickert's first task was adding in a 10th game for the season. Newport will now host Cincinnati College Preparatory Academy on September 16th.

It was already on the schedule before Weinrich became coach.   It just got added to KHSAA website today.  Definitely not his first task.  

• Thanks 1