Oct 15 at Frankfort (District)
Oct 22 vs Eminence (District)
Oct 29 -  TBD (PAC Conference Bowl)

498445554_KentuckyCountryDay.thumb.jpg.3197c8e48244c1cc4b9affe20501f395.jpg

PAC North Teams:
Atherton
Kentucky Country Day
Washington County
*Shawnee (Eligible for PAC Championship in 2021 season.)

PAC South Teams:
Adair County
Campbellsville
Metcalfe County
*Hart County (Eligible for PAC Championship in 2021 season.)

PAC Conference Bowl - October 29th
PAC North #1 vs. PAC South #1 - Championship
PAC North #2 vs. PAC South #2
PAC North #3 vs. PAC South #3
PAC North #4 vs. PAC South #4

This looks like a schedule made to pad the RPI, not to challenge yourself to win a state title.

The last 2 years KCD has had a really high RPI by loading up on higher class mediocre teams, and while it gets them a high RPI, we’ve seen what has happened the last 2 years when they ran into quality opponents.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2021 at 10:24 PM, gbballfan21 said:

This looks like a schedule made to pad the RPI, not to challenge yourself to win a state title.

The last 2 years KCD has had a really high RPI by loading up on higher class mediocre teams, and while it gets them a high RPI, we’ve seen what has happened the last 2 years when they ran into quality opponents.

For a school that has had little success in the past, a state semifinal appearance and a state championship game appearance in the last two years is pretty good (especially when both losses came to the same team).

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

For a school that has had little success in the past, a state semifinal appearance and a state championship game appearance in the last two years is pretty good (especially when both losses came to the same team).

I guess KCD could try to schedule better higher class teams, but what does a good 4-6A team gain from playing KCD? They can only play who will schedule them. Playing a mediocre 6A team is better than playing a mediocre 1A team most seasons, so I think KCD is doing the best they can in regards to scheduling. 

• Like 4
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

They are trying to feast on big school bottom feeders.

I am surprised they don't play CAL or Sayre. It would be good competition but not a far drive. 

• Like 1

Watched them play in person last year and they impressed me. The strides they have made the last few years has really been something to be proud of for KCD. They are manipulating the RPI and good for them. Until the KHSAA makes much needed adjustments to the RPI formula then teams will make sure they give themselves the best chance to host in the 3rd and 4th rounds. 

• Like 1
On 7/7/2021 at 1:10 AM, Bac2369 said:

Anyone know if they have kids coming back for the 5th year?

That would be one extremely expensive 5th year. I believe they have one of the highest tuitions in the state.