Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • Highlands

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/23/2021 at 10:59 PM

The Blue Colonels of Northern Kentucky head on over to Fort Thomas to take on Highlands Saturday at 6:00 PM. Usually this game would have an atmosphere like no other, but COVID-19 will limit fans like it has done to other great games this season! However, this will still be a very fun game to watch! I think Cov Cath wins in this one because Highlands is not there defensively yet. The Colonels will over power Highlands, and they will make enough outside shots to pull away in the game. I also think, they will contain Sam Vinson and have a good game plan against him!  If the Birds are hitting their 3s it may be a tough night to win for the Colonels!

I still like Cov Cath 68-56.

image.thumb.png.0350f04f3313035b286bc1dde994cf71.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am excited to watch this one on YouTube. I also just saw on Twitter that the new HHS radio station is going to be broadcasting the game live for those of you who won't be able to sit in front of a screen. Below are some instructions on how to get the radio station. 

1845275437_ScreenShot2021-01-22at10_17_26AM.thumb.png.d6b33836ebd40da51b6164dee8a3ef34.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

I am excited to watch this one on YouTube. I also just saw on Twitter that the new HHS radio station is going to be broadcasting the game live for those of you who won't be able to sit in front of a screen. Below are some instructions on how to get the radio station. 

1845275437_ScreenShot2021-01-22at10_17_26AM.thumb.png.d6b33836ebd40da51b6164dee8a3ef34.png

The radio station has been around for at least a couple of years now. The art teacher is brothers with one of my best friends, and he's been hosting a music radio show every Thursday evening at 8:00 for like a year and a half.

Here's a link to tune into the radio station online: https://live365.com/station/WFTS-Home-of-the-Bluebirds-a19004

I'm not sure this one will be as close as some / many are predicting (hoping).  Highlands may have the best player, but I give nearly every other advantage to the Colonels.  I think the Birds could get white-hot from outside and shoot themselves into it, for sure, but barring a 50% pct from the arc for HHS, I like CovCath by 15+.

This will be an interesting game.  Will Cov Cath show any fatigue from playing tonight against Trinity?  Will Highlands hit the 3s?  If they play "offensively" like they did against Ashland it will be very close.  If they end up playing spotty like they did for the 1st half against Oldham County it might be a long night.  Highlands must focus, keep the turnovers to a minimum and Muller, Herald and Barth MUST knock down the outside shots.  Sam will be Sam.  If there is a weakness it is DEFENSE which is not a shocker for those fans that have watched.  The inside game is going to be crucial.  I felt like Lex Cath crushed Highlands down low, blocking shots and grabbing rebounds (I'm not cheating and looking at stats so might be wrong but that's what it felt like watching it).  Cole Kocher I felt like had a breakout game against OC, will he show up again tomorrow and continue to grow?

Really looking forward to this challenge, glad it's happening!  Whatever happens I am sure Round 2 will be tighter after more basketball has been played....just like last year.

GO BIRDS #BEATCOLONELS

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

This will be an interesting game.  Will Cov Cath show any fatigue from playing tonight against Trinity?  Will Highlands hit the 3s?  If they play "offensively" like they did against Ashland it will be very close.  If they end up playing spotty like they did for the 1st half against Oldham County it might be a long night.  Highlands must focus, keep the turnovers to a minimum and Herald and Barth MUST knock down the outside shots.  Sam will be Sam.  If there is a weakness it is DEFENSE which is not a shocker for those fans that have watched.  The inside game is going to be crucial.  I felt like Lex Cath crushed Highlands down low, blocking shots and grabbing rebounds (I'm not cheating and looking at stats so might be wrong but that's what it felt like watching it).  Cole Kocher I felt like had a breakout game against OC, will he show up again tomorrow and continue to grow?

Really looking forward to this challenge, glad it's happening!  Whatever happens I am sure Round 2 will be tighter after more basketball has been played....just like last year.

GO BIRDS #BEATCOLONELS

I think there could be some impact from fatigue on Cov Cath's part...but I guess we'll see. Usually our coaches do a good job of having the team in shape to be able to play back to back games at this point in the season via holiday tournament play, but obviously this isn't a usual year.

Just checked the stats. The KHSAA doesn't keep stats on blocks, Lex Cath out-rebounded Highlands 35-23, and St. Henry out-rerounded them 29-26. Those were obviously the Birds' two most challenging games. Looking at Cov Cath's two most challenging games, their loss to North Laurel and their 6pt win over DeSales, Cov Cath out-rebounded North Laurel 31-23, and out-rebounded DeSales 33-23. The Colonels' size is a definite advantage down low.

• Like 2