Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • Highlands

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/23/2021 at 10:59 PM

3 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I think there could be some impact from fatigue on Cov Cath's part...but I guess we'll see. Usually our coaches do a good job of having the team in shape to be able to play back to back games at this point in the season via holiday tournament play, but obviously this isn't a usual year.

Just checked the stats. The KHSAA doesn't keep stats on blocks, Lex Cath out-rebounded Highlands 35-23, and St. Henry out-rerounded them 29-26. Those were obviously the Birds' two most challenging games. Looking at Cov Cath's two most challenging games, their loss to North Laurel and their 6pt win over DeSales, Cov Cath out-rebounded North Laurel 31-23, and out-rebounded DeSales 33-23. The Colonels' size is a definite advantage down low.

I think the added drive to/from Louisville adds into the back to back game concerns. But the games are scheduled and no one is feeling sorry for CovCath. Being on the road adds another factor to overcome, but I'm going with the Colonels to win. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

I think the added drive to/from Louisville adds into the back to back game concerns. But the games are scheduled and no one is feeling sorry for CovCath. Being on the road adds another factor to overcome, but I'm going with the Colonels to win. 

I agree with the sentiment that no one on either side will EVER feel sorry for the other.  That's why this is the best rivalry in KY.

• Like 3

This should be one of the biggest regular season games this season in a rematch of the regional finals from last year.  Highlands with the NKU signee and leading candidate for Player of the Year Sam Vinson and lots back from last year.  CCH with top to bottom the most talent in the region and newcomer from Beechwood Mitchell Rylee leading this stacked roster in scoring.  This has the makings of a classic.  

16 minutes ago, NKYBBALLFANS said:

Cov Cath Colonels by 15.  Mitchell Riley will be the difference.   Cov Cath will over power the undersized BlueBirds inside.........

I agree they are undersized but they don't have to play such a small style ball.  What I mean by that is I think a "wild card" in today's game could be Luke Muller....the more I think about the Cov Cath size the more I would like to see Luke control the paint down low on offense and defense.  I realize his offense game is more of an outside shooter but for a game like this I would push the outside game on the shoulders of Herald, Barth and Sam....For today Luke would be more valuable down low to utilize his height.....We will see.....

Can't wait for tipoff!

On 1/22/2021 at 4:56 PM, colonel-fan said:

Does anyone have a link to streaming video?