Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 18 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      66%
    • Highlands
      33%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 01/23/2021 at 10:59 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I think there could be some impact from fatigue on Cov Cath's part...but I guess we'll see. Usually our coaches do a good job of having the team in shape to be able to play back to back games at this point in the season via holiday tournament play, but obviously this isn't a usual year.

Just checked the stats. The KHSAA doesn't keep stats on blocks, Lex Cath out-rebounded Highlands 35-23, and St. Henry out-rerounded them 29-26. Those were obviously the Birds' two most challenging games. Looking at Cov Cath's two most challenging games, their loss to North Laurel and their 6pt win over DeSales, Cov Cath out-rebounded North Laurel 31-23, and out-rebounded DeSales 33-23. The Colonels' size is a definite advantage down low.

I think the added drive to/from Louisville adds into the back to back game concerns. But the games are scheduled and no one is feeling sorry for CovCath. Being on the road adds another factor to overcome, but I'm going with the Colonels to win. 

  • Replies 113
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Jack of all Trades
    Jack of all Trades

    Hmmm, I have the opposite feeling.  Nothing better than beating the Blue Colonels.

  • FrankNicodemus
    FrankNicodemus

    I agree with the sentiment that no one on either side will EVER feel sorry for the other.  That's why this is the best rivalry in KY.

  • This is the link to (859) Sports Radio with Mark Wehry and Coach Kenney Shields bringing you the live action with streaming video.  Click here.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

I think the added drive to/from Louisville adds into the back to back game concerns. But the games are scheduled and no one is feeling sorry for CovCath. Being on the road adds another factor to overcome, but I'm going with the Colonels to win. 

I agree with the sentiment that no one on either side will EVER feel sorry for the other.  That's why this is the best rivalry in KY.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:50 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

 

This is the link to (859) Sports Radio with Mark Wehry and Coach Kenney Shields bringing you the live action with streaming video.  Click here.

This should be one of the biggest regular season games this season in a rematch of the regional finals from last year.  Highlands with the NKU signee and leading candidate for Player of the Year Sam Vinson and lots back from last year.  CCH with top to bottom the most talent in the region and newcomer from Beechwood Mitchell Rylee leading this stacked roster in scoring.  This has the makings of a classic.  

Just happy we even have to take a vote the last couple of years as to who will win. This rivalry deserves this.

Cov Cath Colonels by 15.  Mitchell Riley will be the difference.   Cov Cath will over power the undersized BlueBirds inside.........

16 minutes ago, NKYBBALLFANS said:

Cov Cath Colonels by 15.  Mitchell Riley will be the difference.   Cov Cath will over power the undersized BlueBirds inside.........

I agree they are undersized but they don't have to play such a small style ball.  What I mean by that is I think a "wild card" in today's game could be Luke Muller....the more I think about the Cov Cath size the more I would like to see Luke control the paint down low on offense and defense.  I realize his offense game is more of an outside shooter but for a game like this I would push the outside game on the shoulders of Herald, Barth and Sam....For today Luke would be more valuable down low to utilize his height.....We will see.....

Can't wait for tipoff!

First undercard game (Fresh game) came down to a last second steal and missed three for Highlands to lose 42-40, I am sure a ton of people will call that a missed foul on the desperation 3 but I'll leave it to them to make that argument. 1 down 1 to go before the MAIN EVENT!!

On 1/22/2021 at 4:56 PM, colonel-fan said:

I think the added drive to/from Louisville adds into the back to back game concerns. But the games are scheduled and no one is feeling sorry for CovCath. Being on the road adds another factor to overcome, but I'm going with the Colonels to win. 

Does anyone have a link to streaming video?

3 minutes ago, Believe It said:

Does anyone have a link to streaming video?

Link to the current JV game is two posts above yours. We'll get the game-specific varsity link posted once JV ends.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.