Colonels_Wear_Blue

No dunking while the refs are on the court.

Why is this still a thing? Dunks are part of the game. Seems like every season there's at least one game that we hear about around the state where things start off with a technical because the players were dunking on the court while the refs were present.

I don't believe it's a rule in Ohio...the refs at the Cov Cath vs. Indian Hill (OH) game were sensible enough to just tell the players from Indian Hill who were dunking during pregame that "hey, Kentucky prohibits dunking during pregame" instead of T-ing them up. Glad they handled it that way.

• Like 3

As someone who caught two technicals in High School for this stupid rule... I 100% oppose it.

I guess it is either a safety or equipment issue. I really am not sure though. Just seems outdated.

• Like 3

It’s fun, kids and fans love it, but from a logistics and equipment issue....having 30-40 dunks every warmup would wreck havoc on some high school rims and back boards.  I think that is part of the reason for the rule.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

As someone who caught two technicals in High School for this stupid rule... I 100% oppose it.

I guess it is either a safety or equipment issue. I really am not sure though. Just seems outdated.

You do look like you could go strong to the hoop ATL. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

This may come as a shocker to some.  Neither Randy Parker nor I were ever teed up for dunking during pregame. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Just now, mcpapa said:

This may come as a shocker to some.  Neither Randy Parker nor I were ever teed up for dunking during pregame. 

Nope.  But I did play some of my best ball during warmups. 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, theguru said:

You do look like you could go strong to the hoop ATL. 

As Toby Keith said, "I ain't as good as I once was.. but I was good once... as I ever was."'

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, throwback32 said:

It’s fun, kids and fans love it, but from a logistics and equipment issue....having 30-40 dunks every warmup would wreck havoc on some high school rims and back boards.  I think that is part of the reason for the rule.

In other words... it's not a rule meant to punish those who can dunk.. it is a rule meant to deter those who think they can dunk. HAHA.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Nope.  But I did play some of my only ball during warmups. 

Fixed that for you, Randy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Fixed that for you, Randy.

You said the same thing I did.  Just in a different way. 

• Haha 1

Saw this in effect tonight. Referee rightfully called it but it makes zero sense why it is a rule. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

As Toby Keith said, "I ain't as good as I once was.. but I was good once... as I ever was."'

• Like 1