Paintsville, Beechwood ink deal to play

9 hours ago, ImJustHere said:

It is absolutely not bare. I’m excited to see the choice. I know LCA brings back a ton but I don’t think BW is far off from that team. You’d think LCA is #1 and BW #2 in the EXTREMELY EARLY pre season rankings right? 

To me, yes. Just don’t think BW can or should be above them until the QB situation is solidified, and we see a few games. That said, as evidenced in the title game, there are many contributors on the team that can and will offset the loss of Cam. BW will be tough to beat, especially score on. That Defense held LCA last year, and Cam had nothing to do with that. 😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LoudenSwain said:

To me, yes. Just don’t think BW can or should be above them until the QB situation is solidified, and we see a few games. That said, as evidenced in the title game, there are many contributors on the team that can and will offset the loss of Cam. BW will be tough to beat, especially score on. That Defense held LCA last year, and Cam had nothing to do with that. 😎

Absolutely agree. I think the defense gets even stronger this year coming up! You lose some contributors, but their predecessors I think will fill in like nothing happened, and that’s not a knock towards what was a great defense. I just think the underclass men is so loaded! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Beechwood loses 2 starters on defense, one of which was in a rotation on DL. Thus only losing 1 full time defensive starter.

Thought it was three with Schultz, Stammer, and then the DL Players who’s last name I won’t even try to spell? 

4 hours ago, LoudenSwain said:

Is Beechwood’s schedule finalized yet or do you know? 

Going to be a tough one for my Tigers (Paintsville). Offensively,  Paintsville will return a lot of skill position talent and the QB will allow for some more balance. However, Paintsville will have to replace I’m guessing what amounts to 75% or more of the recorded tackles on defense. 

However, I have 100% confidence that Joe Chirico and his staff will field a solid 1A defense. Chirico does not get the credit he deserves for developing consistent, solid, and fundamentally sound defensive players. 

I am happy these two teams are playing. It let’s Paintsville know exactly where they stand and what needs to be worked on going forward. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

You are correct. Missed Stammer on post above. Steinmetz started at DE and was in playing time rotation.

Only losing 3 starters on defense has to have Rash excited to coach on that side of the ball next year. The defense was great this year, with lots of underclassmen playing significant roles. If the Tigers are slow to figure it out on offense next year, I think they’ll be quite alright with how stout I expect the defense to be. I’m extremely excited to see the off-season progression of this team. I think a repeat will be very tough to do, but not out of reach. 

5 hours ago, Asmith2731 said:

BW had a 6'2" freshman QB transfer in this year that broke his ankle before week 1... between the options there i think the QB situation will be just fine. Plus the new kid has ELITE speed and athleticism! 

Good news to hear! I wasn’t aware of the transfer but with all the options, I’m excited to see who is QB1 heading into week 1. 

15 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Wonder when the Beechwood schedule will be finalized. Excited to see how Noel and the rest of the team go about scheduling. I know I listened to him talk about RPI a couple of times and how he said he doesn’t quite understand it and will schedule the best teams he sees fit to prepare them for the playoffs. Wonder who those teams will be!