All State Baseball

Paintsville, Beechwood ink deal to play

This is definitely a good game for both teams. Were these two supposed to play a bowl game in 2020 before everything went south because of COVID?

18 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

This is definitely a good game for both teams. Were these two supposed to play a bowl game in 2020 before everything went south because of COVID?

Yessir.

Good deal. Coach Rash likes putting road trips like this into the schedule to get that travel experience for his team before the playoffs.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Good deal. Coach Rash likes putting road trips like this into the schedule to get that travel experience for his team before the playoffs.

Any clue on what the rest of the schedule looks like? 

3 hours ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Any clue on what the rest of the schedule looks like? 

No clue. With the team they have returning and the young talent in the pipeline I expect it to be a challenging one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

No clue. With the team they have returning and the young talent in the pipeline I expect it to be a challenging one.

I have heard they are loaded next year. 

19 hours ago, Jason Bucklen said:

I have heard they are loaded next year. 

They do lose some pivotal seniors that will be incredibly difficult to replace, but nonetheless I expect this team to be a semifinals team again next year, based on the talent they have returning and the talent they have getting older. The tigers are going nowhere anytime soon. 

52 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

They do lose some pivotal seniors that will be incredibly difficult to replace, but nonetheless I expect this team to be a semifinals team again next year, based on the talent they have returning and the talent they have getting older. The tigers are going nowhere anytime soon. 

If they can get a QB that can lead the offense they might repeat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason Bucklen said:

If they can get a QB that can lead the offense they might repeat. 

That is what the Beechwood faithful told me. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jason Bucklen said:

That is what the Beechwood faithful told me. 

I hope the BW faithful are correct. LCA will be the #1 team going into next year with how much they return. If the QB position gets filled quickly, giving that player plenty of time to adjust to being QB1, and that player steps in and does their job, the tigers will be just fine. Of course easier said than done now that you have to find somebody to replace a 3 year starter. I know it was said in another post that BW will adapt the offense to who they have at QB, I see that being what they do again next year. There’s not another Cam Hergott in the pipeline, but they do have some kids who can step into that role and be successful. The question is of course who will that be? 

1 hour ago, ImJustHere said:

I hope the BW faithful are correct. LCA will be the #1 team going into next year with how much they return. If the QB position gets filled quickly, giving that player plenty of time to adjust to being QB1, and that player steps in and does their job, the tigers will be just fine. Of course easier said than done now that you have to find somebody to replace a 3 year starter. I know it was said in another post that BW will adapt the offense to who they have at QB, I see that being what they do again next year. There’s not another Cam Hergott in the pipeline, but they do have some kids who can step into that role and be successful. The question is of course who will that be? 

That is a very good question. I’m sure everyone is excited to see who it is. 

• Like 1

You cannot replace a Cam Hergott. We all know this. But based on what I’ve seen from quite a few Tigers already this off season, they will be just fine. Won the State title then were right back in weight room and working out. Next man up comes into play here IMO. While a bit undersized now, Freshman QB S. Sowder played great, and is RT/DT L. Slusher’s cousin. Most likely won’t be 6’5 285 like Luke, but there is Potential for growth and kid can play, so cupboard is not bare. Unfortunate COVId struck and Freshman didn’t get JV exposure due to restrictions, but that is a level playing field for all teams IMO. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LoudenSwain said:

You cannot replace a Cam Hergott. We all know this. But based on what I’ve seen from quite a few Tigers already this off season, they will be just fine. Won the State title then were right back in weight room and working out. Next man up comes into play here IMO. While a bit undersized now, Freshman QB S. Sowder played great, and is RT/DT L. Slusher’s cousin. Most likely won’t be 6’5 285 like Luke, but there is Potential for growth and kid can play, so cupboard is not bare. Unfortunate COVId struck and Freshman didn’t get JV exposure due to restrictions, but that is a level playing field for all teams IMO. 

It is absolutely not bare. I’m excited to see the choice. I know LCA brings back a ton but I don’t think BW is far off from that team. You’d think LCA is #1 and BW #2 in the EXTREMELY EARLY pre season rankings right?