Florida vs. Oklahoma Cotton Bowl

Bert

I realize that some significant players are out for Florida... but they look like hot garbage. This Oklahoma team has improved, but they are not  a top shelf team. Florida was the second best team in the SEC and challenged the great Bama. They shouldn’t get embarrassed and blown out like they’re Vandy, even with some players out. Trask looks bad. Could the SEC be overrated? 

• Like 1

I’ve been hammering this idea all year but got shot down by SEC fans. Will someone explain to me how this Florida team was different than a Mike Leach team? No running game. Spread the ball out to a ton of receivers and a QB that put up gaudy numbers. They also lost every big game they played in besides Georgia before Georgia had JT Daniels. Florida simply just wasn’t an elite team at the end of the day and Kyle Trask is an overhyped Air Raid QB. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I realize that some significant players are out for Florida... but they look like hot garbage. This Oklahoma team has improved, but they are not  a top shelf team. Florida was the second best team in the SEC and challenged the great Bama. They shouldn’t get embarrassed and blown out like they’re Vandy, even with some players out. Trask looks bad. Could the SEC be overrated? 

I think most had UF as the third best SEC team. They just happen to have won the LEast division. And I don’t think the SEC was that highly regarded to begin with. Trask is bad and I don’t think in a normal year the Gators would have been invited to a majorish type bowl.

4 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

Playing that game last night probably dropped Trask from the 2nd to 3rd round. 

If you just go by stats you would think Trask has it, but five minutes of an eye test tells you he is not all that. I see Timmy Chang and Colt Brennan when I see Trask. He was dealt a tough hand not having his main weapons at his disposal, but if you are some semblance of that guy you have to be better than that.