Bengals 27 Steelers 17

19 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

They sure haven't been looking all that great.

What do you think is the reason for the last couple of weeks?

Partially because of the defense. DuPree and Spillane both being out is a big blow to the front seven. Haven't been getting the pressure they have the rest of the season. Also, Ben sucks. His era is over, IMO, and they will let him run the team into the ground before they make a move. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I have always been one of the most optimistic people on this site, and I didn’t think there was a chance of this happening. With that said it was amazing watching the game tonight and the energy they played with. 

This win also probably means Taylor is back. He is always talking about building a winning culture. Wins like this go a long way to doing that, so hopefully they can show that they can build off of this. 

If last night means Taylor is back then I wish last night wouldn't have happened. 

Just now, GrantNKY said:

@TheDeuce I don’t know how you feel, but the Steelers just really aren’t that good especially now with all the injuries. Of course good is relative to the rest of the league, but did you ever feel, even when they were 11-0, that they could compete with KC? 

Absolutely. When the offense is humming they are one of the best teams in the league. 

To counter that, the lack of run game kept me from ever thinking they were a Super Bowl contender. You have to be able to run the ball at some point. 

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

Absolutely. When the offense is humming they are one of the best teams in the league. 

To counter that, the lack of run game kept me from ever thinking they were a Super Bowl contender. You have to be able to run the ball at some point. 

They are still one of the 6-7 best teams in the league. It just seemed like they were playing with fire and that 11-0 record was a little fraudulent. They never looked capable of beating the Chiefs in my eyes. 

1 minute ago, GrantNKY said:

They are still one of the 6-7 best teams in the league. It just seemed like they were playing with fire and that 11-0 record was a little fraudulent. They never looked capable of beating the Chiefs in my eyes. 

Nobody likes the Steelers, so of course everyone says the 11-0 was fraudulent. It's the NFL, you don't get to 11-0 being frauds. To me that says people know they could have played better even in the 11 game stretch, so instead of giving them props, they call them frauds after they have lost. 

57 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Nobody likes the Steelers, so of course everyone says the 11-0 was fraudulent. It's the NFL, you don't get to 11-0 being frauds. To me that says people know they could have played better even in the 11 game stretch, so instead of giving them props, they call them frauds after they have lost. 

I mean you know I hate the Steelers. I’m going to try to discredit them every chance I get haha Thats why I asked you though. Despite being 11-0, the last 3 games basically confirm what I was thinking when I watched the first 11 games. Just kind of skating by and don’t really appear to be an elite team despite winning their first 11 games. That’s the traditional Steelers brand of football though so I get it, but still they are light years behind the best teams in the league and these past 3 games kind of confirm that. Do still believe they are better than the Ravens and the Browns? I don’t think I do. 

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I can never recall the Steelers running game looking this bad. It looks to me like the Steelers offensive line is struggling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

When they are healthy and playing well, without question. 

The same can be said for both of those 2 teams. Lamar is starting to play close to his MVP level last year. Baker, as much as I hate him, has the Browns looking tough and nobody is stopping that running attack. All healthy, the Steelers are probably the best team of the 3, but Baker and Lamar are way better than Ben now. Ben just looks lost right now. 

5 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

The same can be said for both of those 2 teams. Lamar is starting to play close to his MVP level last year. Baker, as much as I hate him, has the Browns looking tough and nobody is stopping that running attack. All healthy, the Steelers are probably the best team of the 3, but Baker and Lamar are way better than Ben now. Ben just looks lost right now. 

My friend, who's a Steelers fan, texted me this morning and asked if it would be career suicide to bench a future HOF'er.  Don't know if Tomlin has the stones to do that or not, but they've got to get that ship righted one way or another.

15 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

The Steelers are better than the Ravens and the Browns when all teams are at full strength.