NFHS State Championship viewership

Tigerpride94

I thought for the most part, the quality was pretty good. A couple of times I had to back out and go back in but I would give it a B for the season. 

I did enjoy discovering some of the small schools that have fabulous production quality. Some that come to mind are Murray, LCA and West Carter. Would love to see some of the bigger schools join the network and put out the same quality.

• Like 1

At least 100 of those "live views" were me having to refresh my computer and app due to buffering/stoppages. 

The app was pretty good, the computer streams were horrible.

I see this as the KHSAA patting themselves on the back when in reality the KHSAA should be apologizing profusely for all the issues and breaking the contract with the NFHS Network because it was garbage again this year and we all deserve better. 

• Like 4

What prevents the KHSAA from contracting with a local network TV affiliates in order to carry the championship weekend live on TV like many other states do? Is it money? Everyone in the state of Kentucky deserves better.

The down and distance graphics were way off all the time and it seemed like the announcers had no control over when instant replays were shown. Sometimes they were shown on crucial plays of the game, sometimes not. Camera angles also didn't pan out to show some long passes down field. The crucial pass by Franklin County that was called complete down to the four yard line was never shown on a replay?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cardinalalum said:

It was on the NFHS side which is horrible all the way around. Prep spin did the broadcast for them and IMO the need to let prep spin do all the broadcasting needs because when you watch one of the games they do it is top notch.

The problem with Prepspin doing it all is how would the KHSAA be able to monetize it. 

46 minutes ago, Hardin County Preps said:

What prevents the KHSAA from contracting with a local network TV affiliates in order to carry the championship weekend live on TV like many other states do? Is it money? Everyone in the state of Kentucky deserves better.

The down and distance graphics were way off all the time and it seemed like the announcers had no control over when instant replays were shown. Sometimes they were shown on crucial plays of the game, sometimes not. Camera angles also didn't pan out to show some long passes down field. The crucial pass by Franklin County that was called complete down to the four yard line was never shown on a replay?

I am not sure if it was shown on replay or not, I assume you can view it on demand but I am not sure about that either.  What I am sure of is the KHSAA has a long standing practice of not showing replays where they believe a mistake may have been made so there's that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cardinalalum said:

As a business deal I'm sure they could work something out.

I don't see it that way, you can't just make a deal and make it all happen.  

A bunch of somebodies are going to have to get out and sell a bunch of advertising at a time when that is extremely tough sledding.

Honestly at this pace I wonder how much longer Prepspin will be around because more and more schools are doing their own broadcasts (meaning lots of competition for viewership) and from glancing at the numbers on occasion the money has to be drying up for Prepspin. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I don't see it that way, you can't just make a deal and make it all happen.  

A bunch of somebodies are going to have to get out and sell a bunch of advertising at a time when that is extremely tough sledding.

Honestly at this pace I wonder how much longer Prepspin will be around because more and more schools are doing their own broadcasts (meaning lots of competition for viewership) and from glancing at the numbers on occasion the money has to be drying up for Prepspin. 

They seem to have games every week, but I know at our school we have a class that does our games and we passed a policy that if an outside agency wants to come in and broadcast they have a fee they have to pay that is split between the team and journalism class.

• Like 1

Just now, cardinalalum said:

They seem to have games every week, but I know at our school we have a class that does our games and we passed a policy that if an outside agency wants to come in and broadcast they have a fee they have to pay that is split between the team and journalism class.

Exactly!!!

• Like 1