Paintsville vs. Hazard Predictions/Updates (1A Playoffs)

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Paintsville
    • Hazard

This poll is closed to new votes

Paintsville has made in back to another regional final again. Paintsville had a battle last week with district rival Raceland, which is always a instant classic. The Tigers and Rams went to over time, where the Paintsville Tigers defense had a goal line stand to win the game at the 1 yard line. They also did it without quarterback Jake Hyden. Paintsville will get a home game this week after having to travel last week, they will welcome in the Hazard Bulldogs who many never thought would be here. The Hazard Bulldogs shocked the 1A world and the State of Kentucky with a 21-12 victory over the defending champion the  Pikeville Panthers. Hazard got big time performances from a couple players in this game. Quarterback Garrett Miller was 11/14 for 143 yards and 1 touchdown.he also had 33 rushing yards as well. Andrew Ford had big time catches when they needed them. He had 5 catches for 62 yards most of 3rd down. He also had 5 tackles. One of the better performances possibly from a bulldog player came from Sophomore Max Johnson who rushed the ball 23 times for 107 yards and 1 touchdown. He also Co-lead the team in tackles with 9 and had 2 interceptions for 57 yards and 1 being the 50 yard pick 6 to seal the win. These two teams have met once this season this year earlier in the season where Paintsville embarrassed Hazard 54-0. Who wins this regional final matchup? Does Paintsville flex its muscle again against Hazard? Does Hazard come out and shock the class and state again with a win?

image.thumb.png.409060a93b0aac9ab8c2490b1b3607dd.png

After getting beat by Pikeville 43-7 and then getting the big upset over Pikeville Friday night, I think it will be hard to do it against Paintsville next week.  Paintsville beat them 54-0 during the season and I believe it will be a closer game but Paintsville will come away with the win.  

22 minutes ago, Rebelstat said:

After getting beat by Pikeville 43-7 and then getting the big upset over Pikeville Friday night, I think it will be hard to do it against Paintsville next week.  Paintsville beat them 54-0 during the season and I believe it will be a closer game but Paintsville will come away with the win.  

There's a lot going on here.

1. Paintsville is coming off another draining encounter with Raceland.

2. The Tigers eyes must have lit up like the 4th of July when they saw the Pikeville/Hazard score. You've got to keep the eyes of teenage boys looking straight ahead and not off in the distance. No easy task.

3. 54-0. You know Chirico will be drilling it into his players heads every day next week not to take Hazard lightly just because they wore them out the first time they played. This is a different Bulldogs team that will take the field in Paintsville on Friday. 

14 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Hazard's win over Pikeville shows you can't use regular season scores to predict Hazard scores now. In 1A football, a couple key players can make a huge difference. Hazard going to Max Johnson at RB has made a huge difference for the Bulldigs.

Sorry for the typo - Bulldogs (not Bulldigs).

Hazard has obviously improved and playing with a lot of confidence. I don’t know if they have enough offense to beat Paintsville at Paintsville. They were extremely efficient passing against Pikeville and only scored 2 offensive TDs.

Paintsville has a solid defensive unit and I think the Tigers score enough to move on to the semi finals. 

27-13  

• Like 1

A little history right here. These teams used to be in the same district before the 6 class consolidation. These teams played twice that year in 2006.

Hazard won 21-8 on October 13th 2006 at Hazard. They played again November 3rd 2006 and Hazard won 27-21 at Hazard.
These teams didn’t play again until 2016.

2016 (P) Hazard 20-7 
2017 Paintsville 12-7
2018 Paintsville 38-37
2019 Hazard 23-14
2020 Paintsville 54-0
2020 (P) ?

So Paintsville has the edge since the reemergence of playing 3-2.

Hazard holds edge in the playoffs 1-0 since 2016.

• Like 2