Frederick Douglass at Scott County Predictions/Updates (5A Playoffs)

16thBBall Fan

Frederick Douglass at Scott Co. (5A Playoffs)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Frederick Douglass
    • Scott County

Well after two failed attempts during the regular season the much anticipated matchup between Frederick Douglass and Scott Co. will take place this Friday at 7:00pm in Georgetown. This district title tilt is between 2 of the top 5 or 6 teams in all of 5A. The Broncos come into the game with a record of 5-1 with their lone loss coming against 6A power North Hardin on a FG at the buzzer losing 19-17. Scott Co. comes into the game undefeated at 7-0 with two very nice wins over 6A Bryan Station and Ryle.

Frederick Douglass again has a very high powered offense lead by several D1 signees and prospects. The Broncos are lead in rushing by Darius Neal who has 530 yards on only 71 carries for an average of almost 7.5 yards per carry. Douglass is lead in passing by new junior quarterback Samuel Corrett. He has threw for over 900 yards and 19 touchdowns so far this season.The Broncos have arguably the best duo of wide-receivers in all of the state in UK signee Dekel Crowdus and Dane Key. Key leads the Broncos with an average of over 15 yards per catch and 9 touchdowns. Crowdus has 7 touchdowns so far this season.

Scott Co. comes in with one of the top rushing offenses in the state at any level. It is lead by Montago Jones who has 732 yards and 7 td's in only 5 games. The Cardinals who don't throw it much but their quarterback Zane Patton has done a great job with  6 touchdowns and more impressive he has yet to throw a interception this season.

This game in my opinion will come down to which ever defense can contain or slow down the other's high powered offense. If Scott Co can control the time of possession with their rushing game as they did in their 2018 playoff win and keep the Douglass offense off the field then they should have a great chance in this one. It should be a really good game I think Douglass is just a little more athletic and has more team speed.

Frederick Douglass-35

Scott County-22

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think FD is slightly out of reach for Scott County right now. As the weeks have passed, Cornett's had more time to gel with his receivers. I think that lack of game experience playing together hindered them in the opener against North Hardin. 

Great effort from the Cardinals should be expected, because it's in their DNA. But they need something else to go their way this week. The recipe for a Scott County win probably needs to include a slew of mistakes/turnovers by the Broncos. 

• Like 1

Freddie D is just so talented all over the map.  The only chance the Georgetown boys will have is to get multiple turnovers and convert them to points, and dominate time of possession.  I  like Mr. Crowdus will have a big game For the Broncos.

Freddie D 35-14

• Like 1

If Scott plays turnover free I think they have a chance. 
I know you can’t compare scores.. but stay with me here for a second...

FD loses to North Hardin. North Hardin barely beats Belfry. Belfry < Scott County. But I know North Hardin and Scott have zero in common..

Upset alert! 28-21 Cardinals!

2 hours ago, DearToday said:

If Scott plays turnover free I think they have a chance. 
I know you can’t compare scores.. but stay with me here for a second...

FD loses to North Hardin. North Hardin barely beats Belfry. Belfry < Scott County. But I know North Hardin and Scott have zero in common..

Upset alert! 28-21 Cardinals!

Douglass had 6 turnovers and NH makes game winning kick with no time left. 🤔

6 minutes ago, Brown said:

Hmmm...so many good games to watch tonight!

I agree!

I am hoping all the broadcasts are good quality and we can actually watch them.  

I just think with these NFHSNetwork.com Broadcasts there are too many hands in the cookie jar and therefore too many breakdowns. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1