Fire On I-75/I-71 Brent Spence Bridge Shuts Down Bridge

Colonels_Wear_Blue

19 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

How many bridge options besides Brent Spence can get you from Ohio to Kentucky? Anything besides I-275?

These are the predicted diversion numbers by bridge. The fact that the Clay Wade Bailey is handling almost half of the load is a total cluster...the downtown streets in where the CWB dumps off and collects Covington are NOT ideal at all for tractor-trailers having to make turns. Then the 164 year old Roebling suspension has an 11-ton weight limit and vehicles are supposed to maintain 30 feet of separation. One of my friends works in the Scripps Center downtown and has a pretty straight-shot view of the Roebling from his high rise office window...he sent a text earlier with a picture that showed bumper to bumper traffic on the bridge, including 7 tractor-trailers...and there were two spots on the bridge where tractor trailers were lined up consecutively behind one another.

They need to have a temporary ban on all interstate tractor-trailer traffic inside of the I-275 loop.

Untitled1.jpg

👆 "
Totals do not add up due to rounding."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

These are the predicted diversion numbers by bridge. The fact that the Clay Wade Bailey is handling almost half of the load is a total cluster...the downtown streets in where the CWB dumps off and collects Covington are NOT ideal at all for tractor-trailers having to make turns. Then the 164 year old Roebling suspension has an 11-ton weight limit and vehicles are supposed to maintain 30 feet of separation. One of my friends works in the Scripps Center downtown and has a pretty straight-shot view of the Roebling from his high rise office window...he sent a text earlier with a picture that showed bumper to bumper traffic on the bridge, including 7 tractor-trailers...and there were two spots on the bridge where tractor trailers were lined up consecutively behind one another.

They need to have a temporary ban on all interstate tractor-trailer traffic inside of the I-275 loop.

Untitled1.jpg

👆 "
Totals do not add up due to rounding."

Based on that and referencing my last post, I'd say "Go west, young man"!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

We went how many years with a north-bound truck ban due to the old "cut-in-the-hill".  Makes you wonder if we'll see something more permanent, even when the bridge is reopened.  Of course, I'd imagine enforcement would be a nightmare on this, as there's not really any safe places to pull a semi over to check their destination.

This is going to be a massive mess. The would think the easiest way would be if heading north to get on 71 in Cincinnati that going 275 to 471 and crossing the Big Mac would be the best route. For those going towards Dayton on 75 would be best going 275 through Indiana and meeting up with 75 that way. Either way I really feel for those who have to drive this everyday. The Brent- Spence issue should have been taken care of years ago. That bridge is a death trap, maybe look at the positive that it will be fixed now. 

1 hour ago, GrantNKY said:

This is going to be a massive mess. The would think the easiest way would be if heading north to get on 71 in Cincinnati that going 275 to 471 and crossing the Big Mac would be the best route. For those going towards Dayton on 75 would be best going 275 through Indiana and meeting up with 75 that way. Either way I really feel for those who have to drive this everyday. The Brent- Spence issue should have been taken care of years ago. That bridge is a death trap, maybe look at the positive that it will be fixed now. 

Hopefully it's not a temporary fix.

8 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Then the 164 year old Roebling suspension has an 11-ton weight limit and vehicles are supposed to maintain 30 feet of separation. One of my friends works in the Scripps Center downtown and has a pretty straight-shot view of the Roebling from his high rise office window...he sent a text earlier with a picture that showed bumper to bumper traffic on the bridge, including 7 tractor-trailers...and there were two spots on the bridge where tractor trailers were lined up consecutively behind one another.

Roebling has been shut down by the Covington Police Department for the reasons I mentioned.

1002602709_Screenshot_20201111-2315502.thumb.png.18461a14ae35df3b7f5852c18b8d0244.png