Highlands 21 Covington Catholic 7 (Frosh)

That was a disappointing game to watch. CCH did lose some key players, but still disappointing with the depth of talent in CCH's 2024 class. Giesler might be a nice bonus for CCH, and looked really good in the JV game on Saturday. Congrats Birds...we went 1-1, and lets see where it goes from here.

39 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

That was a disappointing game to watch. CCH did lose some key players, but still disappointing with the depth of talent in CCH's 2024 class. Giesler might be a nice bonus for CCH, and looked really good in the JV game on Saturday. Congrats Birds...we went 1-1, and lets see where it goes from here.

So how is that going over in the locker room?  Kid comes in mid-year and plays JV and others stay on frosh team?

• Like 1

So, just to add some to the commentary.  First, I'm not even sure how this rematch happened, but hats off to both schools for making it happen.  At the end of the day, CovCath won that first game fair and square, and the Highlands kids should have had to sit and stew on that for the rest of a successful season.   But, they got another chance, and I think made the absolute most of it.   By my count, I believe CovCath only had 2 first downs in that whole game.  I know that a lot of us are living in this bizarre anomaly where  the 2024 class across most schools seems to be this wildly talented group of kids, and I think that's going to be awesome to watch for NKY high school football over the next few years, but, I have to say, I think that is especially true at Highlands.   I also think that it has added to the overall anxiety surrounding the coaching situation at Highlands, because that whole "talent is down" argument is going to very quickly not be plausible much longer.   

At the end of the night, I say kudos to Cov Cath (their future is as bright as ever) for scheduling the game and traveling to Fort Thomas , but I also have to give the proper respect to this group of freshmen at Highlands.   It SHOULD be their damn Super Bowl and they sure as hell showed up and played like it tonight.  Congrats on an 8-1 season!     

• Like 1

Take the win and enjoy it BUT pretty simple Highlands played their best game and CCH couldn’t played any worse and still second half was 7-7. So everyone crowning Highlands state champs the next few years take a deep breath. Good talent on both side NOW we will see who will get bigger and faster. 

• Haha 1