Mayfield vs. Caldwell County Predictions/Updates

DevilMayCare

Cardinals vs. Tigers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2020 at 11:30 PM

It wasn't pretty, but Mayfield (2-1) grinded out a 36-20 win over Union County in Week 3. The Cards needed a pair of late game scores to shake loose a tough, stubborn opponent. Kylan Galbreath carried the mail for Mayfield, rushing twenty times for 155 yards and three scores.

Caldwell County (2-1) bounced back from its loss to Hopkinsville with a 50-8 blowout of Ballard Memorial. The Tigers scored three non-offensive touchdowns on the night and were never threatened by the Bombers, with Caldwell achieving a running clock after just one quarter.

Caldwell has proven a thorn in Mayfield's side on a few occasions over the years, claiming back to back wins in '08 and '09, beating the eventual 1A champs in 2013, and nearly toppling the eventual 2A champs in 2015. That 2013 game was the Tigers' last win in the series, but they must feel like this is a great opportunity to end that six game skid. Will Caldwell cage the Cardinals this year, or will Mayfield continue to tame the Tigers?
image.thumb.png.975912a800d2d7235a42616b6f9c3cd1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mayfield will have to play hard and make few mistakes to win this game. Caldwell has most of it's players back and know that Mayfield is a young inexperienced team that has yet to play four quarters up to it's potential. I like Mayfield in this one by a score or two but I think Caldwell will be ready and could come away with a win.

• Like 1

Mayfield is having a bit of an identity crisis right now.  Their unspoken leader on both sides of the ball is out for the year with an injury.  Seems to me players look around waiting for someone else to step up and make plays.  The McCracken game was first game of year, and it snowballed on them, so I kinda throw that one out.  They looked like a Mayfield team against Graves (not first quarter, but rest of game), but they had a slight letdown against Union Co.  Which version of Mayfield shows up will tell the tale.  If they play like they did against Graves I think they win.  If they play like last week, they take an "L" at home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1