Owensboro Apollo at McCracken County Predictions/Updates

redleg13

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Apollo
    • McCracken

1 hour ago, redleg13 said:

Apollo has averaged 15 points a game. Are the defenses of Owensboro and Meade Co. a stronger test than McCracken's?  Mustangs have given up 7 points total. I know they shut out a fairly mediocre offense with Marshall Co. last week, but they held Mayfield's running game in check in Week 1. Still very early in the year. Should learn a lot about both teams Friday. McCracken can't take Apollo lightly and I doubt that they will.

Is Meade county’s defense that good though, I honestly have no idea.

5 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

Is Meade county’s defense that good though, I honestly have no idea.

Although I’m a Meade guy, I’ve coached football for a long time. And coached some of the better Junior and Senior players all around the state this year. I think Meade has a REALLY good defense. Meade and North Hardin both played John Hardin. Meade gave up around 30 more yards to John than North Hardin did. Both defenses pitched a shutout. We have a bunch of seniors who have started 2-3 years. 

Our offense is a work in progress. With a healthy team I think Meade beats Louisville Central by 2 scores. If Meade is missing a key player or 2 then it’s a tossup. 

This is always a tough matchup for Apollo.  I know the defense was without a few key pieces in the 2nd half debacle vs Owensboro and that the unit played a lot better last week.  They will need to be at their best to give them any chance tonight because i know McCracken's defense is tough.  I doubt the Apollo kids have forgot the 138 points the Mustangs hung on them last year.  We'll see if that gives them any extra motivation.  This will be a great test for that Apollo OL.  The offense has been a bit of a disappointment through 2 games overall.  They started well vs Owensboro and had timely drives against Meade, but they haven't put it together as of yet.  I feel like its going to be tough to find that flow tonight.

McCracken 42 - Apollo 24

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ApolloFan98 said:

This is always a tough matchup for Apollo.  I know the defense was without a few key pieces in the 2nd half debacle vs Owensboro and that the unit played a lot better last week.  They will need to be at their best to give them any chance tonight because i know McCracken's defense is tough.  I doubt the Apollo kids have forgot the 138 points the Mustangs hung on them last year.  We'll see if that gives them any extra motivation.  This will be a great test for that Apollo OL.  The offense has been a bit of a disappointment through 2 games overall.  They started well vs Owensboro and had timely drives against Meade, but they haven't put it together as of yet.  I feel like its going to be tough to find that flow tonight.

McCracken 42 - Apollo 24

Good Assessment 98,

I have my eye on this game as McCracken comes to BG (maybe - due to Covid) in a couple weeks.  Oh, and I was at Apollo's new stadium last evening and I was blown away with how nice it is.  New turf and the whole deal!  Really well laid out with nice field house and entrance pavilion and all the bells and whistles!  Nicely Done Eagles!  Good luck tonight!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Good Assessment 98,

I have my eye on this game as McCracken comes to BG (maybe - due to Covid) in a couple weeks.  Oh, and I was at Apollo's new stadium last evening and I was blown away with how nice it is.  New turf and the whole deal!  Really well laid out with nice field house and entrance pavilion and all the bells and whistles!  Nicely Done Eagles!  Good luck tonight!

It sure is a beautiful facility that was placed in a perfect setting.  Between that and Coach Edge coming over to run the program, I'm not sure there has been this much excitement around football in school history.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ApolloFan98 said:

It sure is a beautiful facility that was placed in a perfect setting.  Between that and Coach Edge coming over to run the program, I'm not sure there has been this much excitement around football in school history.

Heck, I'm not even a true Eagles fan and I'm excited for them!  Heck even a closet Eagles fan now!

Watched BGs Freshman team (plus Sophomores who don't get JV reps) play Apollo last night.  Apollo has a couple nice players and their line looked huge.  But they did not use that to their advantage last night.  They needed to be a lot more physical, but that will come in my opinion.  Lot to like though!

• Like 1