Beechwood at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2020 at 11:00 PM

10 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

True. Is the offensive line a weak spot for Beechwood this year? Three running backs combined for ten carries against Corbin, while Hergott alone had 21 rushes. I would assume that will even out once they get a little deeper into the schedule.

I would not say that. We just don't know. It is a new group. They will get better as the year goes on because of that and the good coaching but how good they are is something we will have to watch develop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beechwoodfan said:

Will this game be on Mixlr?

I can't speak to the Beechwood audio broadcast, but Cov Cath will have their free audio broadcast by the Colonel Athletic Network on Mixlr.

Cov Cath will also have a pay-per-view video livestream of the game featuring the same audio as their Mixlr broadcast. Access can be purchased through the Colonel Athletic Network page on the Covington Catholic website: https://www.covcath.org/athletics/can

I know they are selling the livestream for the JV and freshman games for $10 a game...and I believe they were planning on selling single-game livestreams for varsity broadcasts for $15 a game with a "season pass" available for $30. I know the season pass is currently available, but I haven't heard whether or not the $15 varsity single-games are still part of the plan. I'm also not sure if the season pass covers varsity, JV and freshman games, or if it only covers varsity. I'll see if I can get a little more clarification on that.

Also, for what it's worth, I fully expect the Cov Cath video livestream of the game to go much more smoothly than last week's Corbin/Beechwood livestream went. Cov Cath had all of their video equipment in place last year and their Hudl videos were actually taken from a preliminary run of the complete video broadcast coverage for all of the home seasons last year. They should have the video broadcast routine down pretty well at this point.

• Like 2

Beechwood wins in a battle of the kickers slugfest. 😎

don’t know if that is how it will really play out, but important to note that two of Ky’s best will be kicking Friday night.  Should make things interesting.  I personally don’t see CCH pulling away in this one, they are not the same team as last few years. No one would be losing what they did. Should be a great game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theguru said:

If this is a close game Covington Catholic is not the number one team in 5A. 

Fair enough. I just don't buy the concept that we know who the best team is after 2 games, especially this year. With CCH being so well-coached, and being able to develop and fit the right kids in the right positions at the end of they year, I am sure they will be just fine.

Not as many posts here as I would have thought. Usually by now you have a CovCath poster or two predicating a running clock after the first offensive series and a couple Beechwood posters giving us the game plan that, if used, would  result in a Tiger victory.

On a serious note, I watched the CovCath broadcast of the Campbell County - CovCath freshman game last night. It was good quality for anybody on the fence as to if they were going to watch the broadcast. 

• Haha 1

• theguru changed the title to Beechwood at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue locked this topic