Pirates at Reds 9/14 - 9/16

9 minutes ago, 8th Region Warrior said:

Does anyone know anything on Senzel?  They brought him back for this series and he hasn’t played?  Put him for Garcia or Galvis and we could be dangerous. Or use Farmer more. Galvis is 202 avg and Garcia 201 🙄

He played game 1 of the double header on Monday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 8th Region Warrior said:

Does anyone know anything on Senzel?  They brought him back for this series and he hasn’t played?  Put him for Garcia or Galvis and we could be dangerous. Or use Farmer more. Galvis is 202 avg and Garcia 201 🙄

Come on man, there's no way they're going to put him in the infield at this stage.  If either one of them was the DH, then you'd have a point.  But, not in the infield.

Farmer is the option that I could see happening more, especially since they've got Stephenson up as the 3rd catcher.

46 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

HUGE win tonight, Castillo was absolutely brilliant again!!!  9 games left, 7-2 gets them in the playoffs I believe, 6-3 MIGHT, gonna be tough, what’s everyone think, do they get in???

6 and 3 most likely also get them in. Honestly as long as they win 5 of the the 9, I think they will get in. 

• Like 1

I think wins over Pittsburgh should only count as 1/2 wins, they are that bad.

I realize the Reds play who they are scheduled to play, and with superior starting pitching we win, but the Pirates don't deserve to be playing in the Major Leagues. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mustang said:

I think wins over Pittsburgh should only count as 1/2 wins, they are that bad.

I realize the Reds play who they are scheduled to play, and with superior starting pitching we win, but the Pirates don't deserve to be playing in the Major Leagues. 

Unfortunately for the Reds, the Pirates go on to play the Cardinals for 5 games.  St. Louis then gets KC for 3 after that.  Meanwhile, the Reds take on 2 of the top 4 teams in the AL, in the White Sox and Twins (sandwiched around 3 with the Brewers).

It was nice to see them on a little bit of a winning streak here towards the end (even if it was against the Pirates), but there's zero chance they make the playoffs given the schedule.  It ain't gonna happen.

Senzel is a true infielder Cincy Sports fan, it where he has played the most truthfully.  I know he has not that much for the Reds but the way Shogo is swinging the bat I would not sit him over Galvis or Garcia. Senzel needs to be in the line-up these last couple games in case he can get hot and be a weapon.  Those other two are not.  I agree with the schedule, we get the Whitesox at home and need to go 2-1, then the Brewers same story 2-1.  The last 3 against the Twins we got to hope that maybe they will sit some guys with being locked in already.  However they are in a battle with the Whitesox for first.  What a division that has been in this 60 game season.  I think 6-3 gets us in.  Unfortunately some of those games missed by the Cards were against good teams and they did not have to make them up with the Covid debacle they had.  A big question is Sonny Gray, if we get in we have to hope he is available.

4 minutes ago, 8th Region Warrior said:

Senzel is a true infielder Cincy Sports fan, it where he has played the most truthfully.  I know he has not that much for the Reds but the way Shogo is swinging the bat I would not sit him over Galvis or Garcia. Senzel needs to be in the line-up these last couple games in case he can get hot and be a weapon.  Those other two are not.  I agree with the schedule, we get the Whitesox at home and need to go 2-1, then the Brewers same story 2-1.  The last 3 against the Twins we got to hope that maybe they will sit some guys with being locked in already.  However they are in a battle with the Whitesox for first.  What a division that has been in this 60 game season.  I think 6-3 gets us in.  Unfortunately some of those games missed by the Cards were against good teams and they did not have to make them up with the Covid debacle they had.  A big question is Sonny Gray, if we get in we have to hope he is available.

Aren’t they making most of the games up? If I counted correctly, they will play 58 games. So that would mean only two games didn’t get made up correct?

24 minutes ago, 8th Region Warrior said:

Oh, I know he's a true infielder too.  So was Billy Hamilton, I believe.  The point is...they (both he and the club) have invested a lot of time into making him an outfielder.  I'm not going to say he's forgotten how to play the infield, but I don't think it's farfetched to say he doesn't practice throwing like he's still an infielder.  The muscle strength/memory for those different types of throws are probably not the same as they were a few years ago.  Add in the fact that he had shoulder surgery in the past year, and there's too much risk and not enough reward, in my opinion.

The good news is we should get Suarez back from his paternity leave, so Moose can go back to 2nd, and we won't have to play BOTH Galvis and Garcia at the same time.  And, like I said before, it wouldn't surprise me to see Farmer in there instead of either one of them, since Stephenson is now up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Clutch by Shogo, on fire, but End the inning with ANOTHER base running blunder, got to be one of the worst base running teams in MLB. 

Shogo almost .500 obp in September!!

Blame for that should be on the 3rd Base Coach.  House was awful last year, not sure how he retained his job.