TheDeuce

Christian Academy - Louisville vs. Boyle County Predictions/Updates

Who Wins?  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins?

• Christian Academy - Louisville
    • Boyle County

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2020 at 09:00 PM

The Centurions opened 2020 with an impressive 49-7 win on the road at Bullitt East, and the Rebels began in equally impressive fashion, racing past Mercer County 51-7 last week. Will Christian Academy be able to slow the high powered Boyle County offense?

If Boyle's secondary plays well, I think Boyle wins by 3 scores. 

Hopefully CAL isn't crippled with PTSD from last year's game. Should be more competitive this time around. Brandt Babin and the CAL run game were completely shut down by Boyle last year. Establishing him should be a priority for the Centurions.

Who does CAL have returning? I would think this should be a more competitive game compared to last year. 

CAL didn't show much against Bullitt East, but they really didn't have to.  After watching the BE/CAL game and being at the Boyle/Mercer game last week, I still like Boyle's chances.  They will have to show more patience this year and maybe grind out a couple of wins but think they are better than CAL.

Looking forward to this game.  Look for Boyle to open up more of the play book this Friday night.  Should be a good test to see where Boyle is currently.

This is one I'd like to be able to catch in person. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BEChargers said:

CAL didn't show much against Bullitt East, but they really didn't have to.  After watching the BE/CAL game and being at the Boyle/Mercer game last week, I still like Boyle's chances.  They will have to show more patience this year and maybe grind out a couple of wins but think they are better than CAL.

The margin in CAL/Bullitt East surprised me. I picked CAL to win but not 49-7. Was CAL that good or did Bullitt East not put up much of a fight?

CAL is and was the better team.  The short run up is tougher on not-as-established programs.  BE lost their spring practice and were shorted the preseason just like everyone else.  The difference is that this is a second year coaching staff and they could really have used the snaps.  Not making excuses but just too many alignment mistakes, blown coverage's and youth to compete with a team like CAL.  If spring goes as it was supposed to and camp starts in July I think BE is more competitive.  I think they still lose but I think they make it a game for a half and maybe a little longer.  I think BE will get better.  CAL will have it's hands full this Friday. 

I'm going out on a limb and predicting an upset here.  CAL is at home, and they have a multi-talented football team.  Maybe they just looked that good last week because BE is down this year, but after watching the game I was impressed with the skilled personnel CAL has this year.  Their new QB is quite good, and they have quite a few talented receivers to go along with him.  I know that Boyle is one of the best football teams in the state, but I wonder if they might not take CAL  a little bit lightly considering their down year last season.  I haven't seen Boyle on film this year, but I'm sure they will be solid again.  They will need to be when they play CAL.  CAL can hurt you in so many ways & I think the team is beginning to get acclimated to their new coach.  I know it's a long shot, but I'll pick CAL in a shoot-out.  35-28 

Pretty video.

Boyle with the Ball. 

Boyle County TD on an absolute bomb. 

• Like 1