St. Xavier vs. Bowling Green Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2020 at 09:07 PM

St. X is coming off a 8-5 season and hosts Bowling Green who is coming off a 9-4 season. The offense side of the ball will be the strengths of both teams to start the season. This could be a high scoring game. 

The Tigers will be led by QB transfer Sr. Giles Pooler from Colorado and the WR duo of Jr. Mekhi Smith and Jr. Michael Duddy. The Tiger defense will be inexperienced up front but return LB Sr. Kurtis Cotten and the secondary.

Bowling Green returns their QB Sr. Conner Cooper, RB Sr. Javeius Bunton, and one of the top Tight Ends in the state with Sr. Jordan Dingle. On defense the Purples will be rebuilding around their top tackler from last year SR. Rece Jones. In addition, they return their 8th and 10th tacklers from last year so will be inexperienced to start the season.

The key factor for both teams will be which defense steps up to slow down these high flying offenses. Which team gets the win?

Past 5 years history:

2019: St. X 28-14                                                                                                                                                                                                       

2018: BG 24-21

2017: St. X 30-19

2016: BG 31-10

2015: St. X 45-19                                                                                                        

• Like 1

Wow, didn’t realize that was the score in 2016! Took me a minute to remember that one. I think St.X wins, but wouldn’t be surprised if the game feels like the 2014 game with both offensives struggling. With not many live reps over the last couple of months I think most defenses will be ahead of offenses. Like I said earlier, I’ll take St. X 17-7. 

FYI, I’m so glad to see these threads again!

• Like 2

For the Purples, it will be important for Purples offense to stay on the field to let the Purples defense get time to gel.  There are a lot of good pieces on the Purples defense but they haven't played together before so it could take a little time.  I think their offense should be really good with many options to go to.

I think this is a tough spot for BG right out of the gate though but I expect them to compete and keep it close.

Can St X stop the Purples from running?  Will the safety's move up to do that?  Will be prime for play action IMO.  I also think the St X offense will have success, so it could be a back and forth game.

Any St X guys that could help a friendly Purple fan find a ticket, I'd REALLY appreciate it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

For the Purples, it will be important for Purples offense to stay on the field to let the Purples defense get time to gel.  There are a lot of good pieces on the Purples defense but they haven't played together before so it could take a little time.  I think their offense should be really good with many options to go to.

I think this is a tough spot for BG right out of the gate though but I expect them to compete and keep it close.

Can St X stop the Purples from running?  Will the safety's move up to do that?  Will be prime for play action IMO.  I also think the St X offense will have success, so it could be a back and forth game.

Any St X guys that could help a friendly Purple fan find a ticket, I'd REALLY appreciate it!

Only going to be 1200 tickets and players get 4 so dwindles the amount more. I’m hoping I score a ticket. Good thing is will be live-streamed for free on NFHS network. I imagine BG will be given some tickets also.

• Thanks 1

Great to be comparing teams and picking game outcomes!! Shew.. this feels great! 
I believe every game on 9/11 will look pretty ugly. With no scrimmages and only being in full pads for less than 2 weeks, it’s hard to imagine anything different! Regardless, I think everyone is just excited to be on the field! With that being said, I think both of these teams have great weapons !! The lack of Game-like snaps will show on both sides! I think the defenses will look better than expected due to that reason. I think passing will be more limited as well just b/c it’s so early. Simple things will be important this FIRST Friday!!! The run game may take over the first week!  I have to say, offensively,  Bunton, Cooper, Dingle, and Wilson are a force to be reckoned with. However, Wallace can take any team (especially a talented one like St. X) and win ballgames! Excited for Friday!! Go Purples!!! 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, Purple88 said:

Unfortunately I like St. X to win by 17+. 

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to St. Xavier vs. Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
  • theguru locked this topic