Henry Clay cancels first two games of the season

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I don’t see a school like Frederick Douglass cancelling unless absolutely made to.

If Douglas is forced to cancel the first two games things could get interesting. Game two is a district game against Scott Co. So my understanding is that would force Scott Co to cancel a game to fit in Douglas. Douglas would have to cancel another nondistrict game to open a spot for the game. Things start getting messy. 

• Like 2

On 8/22/2020 at 1:11 PM, Rebel said:

North Harden and Pulaski should just play each other week #1.  

I also expect Belfry to be calling Pulaski County if the 9/11 date is open.

Belfry and Pulaski were scheduled to open the season against each other in the Don Franklin Bowl before the schedule got changed.

Belfry has that 9/11 date open and has been actively looking for a game to fill and Coach Hines made a tweet just the other day how sad he was the two were not able to play.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:32 PM, barrel said:

If Douglas is forced to cancel the first two games things could get interesting. Game two is a district game against Scott Co. So my understanding is that would force Scott Co to cancel a game to fit in Douglas. Douglas would have to cancel another nondistrict game to open a spot for the game. Things start getting messy. 

Douglass is not scheduled to play Scott Co. until the 3rd week on Sept. 25 they have PLD on Sept. 11 and were scheduled to play Henry Cay on the Sept. 18 and their bye in Oct. 9. I talked to the coach last night they are currently looking for a game either open date as of now.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:45 AM, ATLCat said:

I also expect Belfry to be calling Pulaski County if the 9/11 date is open.

Belfry and Pulaski were scheduled to open the season against each other in the Don Franklin Bowl before the schedule got changed.

Belfry has that 9/11 date open and has been actively looking for a game to fill and Coach Hines made a tweet just the other day how sad he was the two were not able to play.

Good Call.