Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Guess the Year, Round 3

Featured Replies

First two were too easy...

 

Capture 7.PNG

1970.

I'm going to guess 1973 as well when Paris defeated Elkhorn City to win Class A title.

1969. If that is correct, Harrodsburg's one loss was to Boyle County. Boyle finished 9-1-1. Stanford beat them to win the district.

  • Author

No correct answer yet...

 

Good thought processes.

1974. Todd didn't even make the playoffs that year. Murray represented District 1. They were both undefeated in district play but Murray got the bid due to Dickinson, I believe.

1974?

 

The presence of Todd Co. and Elkhorn City suggests this was no more recent than probably the early 80's. Seventy-four was one of Beechwood's biggest years before they became the program we know today.

AP (?) rankings, so I'm taking the OP with a grain of salt.

 

Interesting that Beechwood and Murray are ranked at the same time at the end of this regular season.

 

Warren East is still Class A. I don't think that they were solid until near the end of their time in "A" before moving up.

 

I've followed Beechwood a bit over the years, so I'm going with 1974.

Edited by Runcible Owl

  • Author
1974. Todd didn't even make the playoffs that year. Murray represented District 1. They were both undefeated in district play but Murray got the bid due to Dickinson, I believe.

 

1974?

 

The presence of Todd Co. and Elkhorn City suggests this was no more recent than probably the early 80's. Seventy-four was one of Beechwood's biggest years before they became the program we know today.

 

AP (?) rankings, so I'm taking the OP with a grain of salt.

 

Interesting that Beechwood and Murray are ranked at the same time at the end of this regular season.

 

Warren East is still Class A. I don't think that they were solid until near the end of their time in "A" before moving up.

 

I've followed Beechwood a bit over the years, so I'm going with 1974.

 

74 Indeed

  • Author

I picked Class A specifically for some of the fun factoids just listed above.

 

How frustrating must it had been to be Todd County? They had to think they were more than well equipped to win a State Title and didn't even get to play a playoff game? People hate the current playoff structure.. imagine this scenario.

 

 

Elkhorn City got upset by Lynch 16-0 after that undefeated regular season.

  • Author

I also loved seeing Boyle County in there mentioned.

 

I think the fallacy is Boyle was a "nothing" program until Chuck Smith showed up, but they had some strong teams periodically as @ChiefSmoke and @Hatz can attest.

I also loved seeing Boyle County in there mentioned.

 

I think the fallacy is Boyle was a "nothing" program until Chuck Smith showed up, but they had some strong teams periodically as @ChiefSmoke and @Hatz can attest.

 

Boyle was a “nothing program” for about four years prior to Smith arriving. I think they had nine consecutive winning seasons and a couple playoff berths between 1979-87.

  • Author

FWIW:

 

3A

1. St Xavier 9-0

2. Trinity 7-1

3. Valley 9-0

4. Bishop David 9-2

5. Ballard 7-1-1

 

2A

1. Owensboro 10-0

2. Boyd County 10-0

3. Somerset 8-0

4. Danville 10-0

5. Henry Clay 8-1

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.