April 25, 20206 yr The Bengals with the 1st pick of the 7th round and their last pick of the draft. The 215th pick they select Markus Bailey ILB-Purdue. He was the 5th ranked ILB in the draft not sure why he went so low but will try and find out. Pre-Draft Analysis Bailey is a solid tackler who plays with good body control and wraps up. He chases with effort. He takes proper angles and shows good awareness in coverage. He gets grabby at times. He flashes the ability to win one-on-one battles rushing the passer.
April 25, 20206 yr He (Bailey) tore his left ACL in 2015 and his right ACL in 2019 and missed 10 games last season. He did have a good season in 2018.
April 25, 20206 yr I’ll give it a B-, if Higgins or Wilson, or another linebackers pans out it’s an A.
April 25, 20206 yr It is crazy Tee Higgins was a Bengals fan growing up in Tennessee. As a Clemson alum and Bengals fan this pick was pretty cool for me. Tee is a beast at the jump ball scenario and I think that is going to match up well with Burrow. I’m getting excited about the Bengals again it is nice. I spent all of last season complaining about them. I love the direction of this off season. I’m hoping they get Randy Moss’s son for a TE and a familiar face for Burrow. Plus he’s kind of a local guy too. I was a little surprised Moss didn't go in the 6th or 7th rounds. Maybe the Bengals will give him a shot as a undrafted free agent.
April 26, 20206 yr Author I was a little surprised Moss didn't go in the 6th or 7th rounds. Maybe the Bengals will give him a shot as a undrafted free agent. If you take away the name Moss. He really didn’t have any strong attributes. He isn’t that fast, he is a better blocker than receiver, but not elite blocker, doesn’t have that high of a vertical. His name is the main reason why some have even talked about him.
April 26, 20206 yr Author They get last year's top pick at LT. They signed a free agent OG. Looks like they are good with Bobby Hart at RT. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hart was not the starting right tackle. From what I have read the Bengals are really high on Fred Johnson. He started the last two games of the year last year and played really well, especially in pass protection. The plan from what I have heard and read is that it will be an open competition between Fred Johnson and Hart for the right tackle spot.
April 26, 20206 yr Author He (Bailey) tore his left ACL in 2015 and his right ACL in 2019 and missed 10 games last season. He did have a good season in 2018. Many have said he would most likely have been a second round pick if it was not for injuries. So it was worth the risk of a 7th round pick to get him and hope he stays healthy.
April 26, 20206 yr Author Why are the Bengals not getting any of the supplemental picks at the end of rounds? Supplemental picks are based off of value of players who left via free agency last year. Which the Bengals didn’t have anyone of value who left after last season. The Bengals probably won’t have any next season either, because since they signed a lot of free agents this year. It cancels out the value of the guys you lost in free agency.
April 26, 20206 yr Author I thought the Bengals needed linemen? I think Oline will be the one miss, especially, with a rookie QB. The only pick I have a little issue with is the 5th round pick. To start the second round there really wasn’t any plus and play type lineman at that pick to meet the value of the top pick of the second. In the third round maybe they could have went for Jones. However, obviously most teams didn’t value him that high either as a plug and play guy with how far he fell. Not to mention the Bengals literally got to be hands on with him senior bowl week, and they also didn’t seem to think he was worth the pick in the top 3 rounds. The 5th round pick, I do think they should have tried to go oline at that pick instead of DE. Could have gotten Muti who has injury concerns, but great value if healthy. Then still could have gotten their Kansas lineman too in the 6th. So the 5th round pick is the only one I question, and that is a guy coming from Notre Dame. I’m just not sold on how much value he brings.
April 26, 20206 yr I've checked quite a few news sources. Most have given the Bengals A to A- grades on their draft.
April 26, 20206 yr While reading about the Bengals draft in today's Enquirer a couple of themes jumped out. One, the Senior Bowl paid dividends for the Bengals as 3 of their picks are players they got to work with at the Senior Bowl. Two, character looks like a focus in the Bengals draft picks. Nearly all their picks are clear leaders, team captains, etc.
April 26, 20206 yr Zac Taylor said if Tee Higgins wasn't still there that they would have considered drafting Wilson at the start of round two. They were overjoyed that Wilson was still available when round three rolled around.
April 26, 20206 yr Two, character looks like a focus in the Bengals draft picks. Nearly all their picks are clear leaders, team captains, etc. Based upon what the bio's were that were given during the draft, I knew that there were at least 3 team captains. But, saw that there were actually 6! The only one who wasn't was the tackle from Kansas...but he was a four year starter. I know there are people who are going to Monday morning QB the heck out of the draft, and second guess what they should and shouldn't have done. But, I'm going to say that for who they got...I'm tickled to death. Looks like they not only got some talented guys, but also some high-caliber character guys too. I don't think any of them will worry about ruffling any feathers coming in as a rookie and "showing the way it needs to be done." I'm not saying we necessarily had bad guys in there last year...but, there was still a cloud from Marvin hanging over the team. Between the free agents and the draftees, I'm feeling good about the enthusiasm that will be injected into the team.
April 27, 20206 yr Author Based upon what the bio's were that were given during the draft, I knew that there were at least 3 team captains. But, saw that there were actually 6! The only one who wasn't was the tackle from Kansas...but he was a four year starter. I know there are people who are going to Monday morning QB the heck out of the draft, and second guess what they should and shouldn't have done. But, I'm going to say that for who they got...I'm tickled to death. Looks like they not only got some talented guys, but also some high-caliber character guys too. I don't think any of them will worry about ruffling any feathers coming in as a rookie and "showing the way it needs to be done." I'm not saying we necessarily had bad guys in there last year...but, there was still a cloud from Marvin hanging over the team. Between the free agents and the draftees, I'm feeling good about the enthusiasm that will be injected into the team. Actually the tackle from Kansas was a team captain his senior year too. It was someone else who wasn’t a captain. I think it maybe was Higgins who wasn’t a captain?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.