Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Bengals Draft Picks

Featured Replies

I figured we should have one thread on the draft picks for the Bengals. This way people can discuss those picks. While the other thread updates the whole draft.

 

So far the Bengals have gotten Joe Burrow, Tee Higgins, and Logan Wilson.

 

I personally love the draft for them so far. I wish they could have traded down in the second round to get an extra pick. The way it worked out they could have traded down and still at least got Denzel Mims, if Higgins was gone.

 

Other than that I love it so far, and I think they got a steal with Wilson in the third round.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it. Burrow needs no explanation. Higgins is talented, comes from a great program, and most of all wanted to be a Bengal. Wilson I’ll be honest, I didn’t really know anything about him before the pick. But everything I’ve read about him has made me love the pick. Real leader in the locker room and a great player.

It is crazy Tee Higgins was a Bengals fan growing up in Tennessee. As a Clemson alum and Bengals fan this pick was pretty cool for me. Tee is a beast at the jump ball scenario and I think that is going to match up well with Burrow. I’m getting excited about the Bengals again it is nice. I spent all of last season complaining about them. I love the direction of this off season.

 

I’m hoping they get Randy Moss’s son for a TE and a familiar face for Burrow. Plus he’s kind of a local guy too.

Not sure about Higgins but I get it. Just so many receivers left on the board. Hopefully, the LB is a steal like everyone says. Let’s see what they do with #4.

It is crazy Tee Higgins was a Bengals fan growing up in Tennessee. As a Clemson alum and Bengals fan this pick was pretty cool for me. Tee is a beast at the jump ball scenario and I think that is going to match up well with Burrow. I’m getting excited about the Bengals again it is nice. I spent all of last season complaining about them. I love the direction of this off season.

 

I’m hoping they get Randy Moss’s son for a TE and a familiar face for Burrow. Plus he’s kind of a local guy too.

 

If Thad is there late, why not! Let’s grab him.

Getting ready I don't think I will sit an post rounds 4-7 I'm pretty bored but not that much. lol Will try to post Bengal picks or players from area schools or high schools that get the call. Should get the Bengals pick in less than 10 minutes.

With the first pick of the 4th round the Bengals and the 107th overall pick the Bengals select Akeem Davis-Gaither-OLB-Appalachian State.

Bengals hoping to hit on one of the LB’s, and if both pop, it’s a good day.

Here is the pre-draft analysis for Davis-Gaither.

 

Davis-Gaither is rangy outside linebacker with a good motor. He's light with short arms, so there are naturally concerns about his ability to hold up against the run in the NFL, but his take-on skills aren't a concern on tape. He plays with good pad level and understands how to leverage blocks. He has good cover skills and could help as a pass-rusher. Davis-Gaither has the skill set to develop into a core special-teams player.

  • Author
Bengals hoping to hit on one of the LB’s, and if both pop, it’s a good day.

 

I think this also was a case of taking best player available too. Some people had him rated as a second round pick. Wilson is more of a an inside backer and he is more of an outside backer.

The Bengals with the 1st pick of the 5th round and the 147th pick overall select Khalid Kareem DE- Notre Dame.

 

Pre-Draft Analysis

Kareem has a good blend of size, length and overall strength. He's capable of setting a hard edge, locates the ball quickly enough and offers solid production versus the run. He might never develop into a three-down player. His lack of lateral quickness and closing burst are concerning. Kareem also lacks ideal flexibility and bend for an edge rusher.

Why are the Bengals not getting any of the supplemental picks at the end of rounds?

I thought the Bengals needed linemen?

 

They get last year's top pick at LT. They signed a free agent OG. Looks like they are good with Bobby Hart at RT.

With the 1st pick of the 6th round and the 180th pick overall the Bengals select Hakeem Adeniji OT-Kansas. He is the 19th ranked OT in the draft.

 

Pre Draft Analysis:

Adeniji, a four-year starter, started games at left tackle and right tackle. He has below-average length for a tackle, but he gets set quickly. He tends to shoot his hands inside. He's an effective positional blocker in the run game. He has the potential to develop into a valuable No. 3 swing tackle who provides depth on both sides.

Edited by 16thBBall Fan

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.