April 27, 20206 yr Author Zac Taylor said if Tee Higgins wasn't still there that they would have considered drafting Wilson at the start of round two. They were overjoyed that Wilson was still available when round three rolled around. Makes you think that if Higgins wasn’t there, they may have traded back then and took Wilson in the second.
April 27, 20206 yr Author While reading about the Bengals draft in today's Enquirer a couple of themes jumped out. One, the Senior Bowl paid dividends for the Bengals as 3 of their picks are players they got to work with at the Senior Bowl. Two, character looks like a focus in the Bengals draft picks. Nearly all their picks are clear leaders, team captains, etc. I know I have said it a few times during the season and during the off season. I really think as a head coach Taylor has a great plan in place on how to build a successful team. The players obviously bought into him last year, and still played hard for him. They have had a clear focus on the top of guys he wanted this off season. They basically added free agents who all had been on playoff teams. Now in the draft adding guys from winning programs, and captains for their teams. I think he has a great plan in place on how to build it. I think he showed to be a good coach in terms of game management. My biggest question with him is as a offensive coordinator. Hopefully year two for him calling players, and having his QB, and a healthy players makes him look better as an OC too.
April 27, 20206 yr Actually the tackle from Kansas was a team captain his senior year too. It was someone else who wasn’t a captain. I think it maybe was Higgins who wasn’t a captain? You may be right. Either way, it still says a lot for the picks they made.
April 27, 20206 yr I enjoyed watching and listening to the conversations that Taylor had with the draft picks. He seemed very relatable and motivational. I can see why players want to work hard for him.
April 27, 20206 yr The theme of this draft simply could be summed up in one word: culture. All extremely high character guys. Watching first take this morning it’s shocking that this talking point isn’t be hit on more from the talking heads. Obviously most of the talk is going to be about Burrow and Higgins, but the Bengals made a real concerted effort to draft guys they formed a strong relationship with at the senior bowl and guys who were team captains. Throughout the past 2 decades the Bengals have had an image problem. Chris Henry, PacMan, Burfict, as much as I loved Ocho he wasn’t viewed in as positive of a light outside of Cincy as he was here. Taylor and Tobin clearly want to change that perception. It says a lot that after free agency and the draft, that I feel like our biggest question mark is simply the coaching staffs ability. We have the talent especially on offense. I mean how many teams have a skill position group better than what the Bengals have on offense? Burrow, AJ, Boyd, Higgins, Ross, Tate, Mixon, Bernard. I mean that’s an embarrassment of riches on offense. Now we just have to wait and see how far this team can go in the years to come.
April 27, 20206 yr Super Bowl odds Cincinnati Bengals February 3: 80/1 Today: 250/1 Really? I'd have thought, if anything, our odds would've improved with the free agents we've signed and the draft. (And for what it's worth, I think 80/1 was pretty low to begin with, prior to FA/draft.
April 27, 20206 yr Super Bowl odds Cincinnati Bengals February 3: 80/1 Today: 250/1 I think I can find a couple of dollars in my wallet for that bet.
April 27, 20206 yr Really? I'd have thought, if anything, our odds would've improved with the free agents we've signed and the draft. (And for what it's worth, I think 80/1 was pretty low to begin with, prior to FA/draft. Rookie QB...
April 27, 20206 yr Rookie QB... Dalton's still technically on the team, though, right? I mean, did Green Bay's chances drop three-fold because they chose Jordan Love in the first round?
April 27, 20206 yr Dalton's still technically on the team, though, right? I mean, did Green Bay's chances drop three-fold because they chose Jordan Love in the first round? Either way I wouldn’t bet on them winning a SB, with or without Dalton.
April 27, 20206 yr Super Bowl odds Cincinnati Bengals February 3: 80/1 Today: 250/1 Rookie QB factor?
April 27, 20206 yr Author Dalton's still technically on the team, though, right? I mean, did Green Bay's chances drop three-fold because they chose Jordan Love in the first round? Dalton may be on the team right now. However, he won’t be come opening day, or if he is he won’t be the starter.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.