Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Transfer Portal

Featured Replies

Is there a site you can go to and see who all is in the transfer portal?

Is there a site you can go to and see who all is in the transfer portal?

 

Verbal Commits does a good job of tracking it. They have a twitter account for D1 and D2.

I thought Kentucky was the only team that players transfer from? Hmmm....

 

Anyone see where Wichita State had six players transfer this season?

 

MBB%20Transfers%20%28By%20the%20Numbers%29.png?itok=0WKOcl-1

I thought Kentucky was the only team that players transfer from? Hmmm....

 

Anyone see where Wichita State had six players transfer this season?

 

MBB%20Transfers%20%28By%20the%20Numbers%29.png?itok=0WKOcl-1

 

Their coach must cuss a LOT!!!

Their coach must cuss a LOT!!!

 

Exactly.

 

I know some only view this from the major program or UK perspective where transfers might not be as prevalent though more high profile, but I don't think many understand how many transfers occur at the mid-major level. Being a Murray State fan all my life, rosters are constantly changing. And Murray State is about of a well run mid-major you will find.

Exactly.

 

I know some only view this from the major program or UK perspective where transfers might not be as prevalent though more high profile, but I don't think many understand how many transfers occur at the mid-major level. Being a Murray State fan all my life, rosters are constantly changing. And Murray State is about of a well run mid-major you will find.

I know the Racers best women’s basketball player used the transfer portal after last season and transferred to UConn. I keep up with their program because a player from my high school in southeastern Kentucky is on the team. She loves it at Murray State.

Basketball is a bit different from football or baseball for that matter. Typically in a basketball game only about 6 or 7 players get the majority of playing minutes. It is difficult for a kid to just sit with the prospect of playing time so little. Couple that with unreal expectations from parents, AAU coaches etc. and you get a kid that's anxious to play right away. Turn to the transfer portal where you have been promised playing time or the prospect of playing time with a new team.IMO.

I thought Kentucky was the only team that players transfer from? Hmmm....

 

Anyone see where Wichita State had six players transfer this season?

 

MBB%20Transfers%20%28By%20the%20Numbers%29.png?itok=0WKOcl-1

 

I didn't realize it was that high. There's 347 D1 basketball teams, so pretty much an average of 2 per team.

I thought Kentucky was the only team that players transfer from? Hmmm....

 

Anyone see where Wichita State had six players transfer this season?

 

MBB%20Transfers%20%28By%20the%20Numbers%29.png?itok=0WKOcl-1

 

Kentucky is on a 1-1 ratio for players coming and going lately.

Kentucky is on a 1-1 ratio for players coming and going lately.

 

Looking at the numbers isn’t that the case for most programs these days?

Jalen Tate just committed to Arkansas.

 

Definitely disappointed Brannen couldn't get the job done and get him to UC when it was widely speculated that it was pretty much a done deal when he announced he was grad transferring from NKU.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.