Who are the top quarterbacks in Kentucky for 2020?

I consider myself a realist that trends optimistic, so I'm planning on there being football this fall. Usually a thread like this would be put off until much closer to the start of the season, but it would be nice to see some football chatter around here. With that said, here's my first attempt to stimulate some.

With the likes of Beau Allen, Reed Lanter, and Jayden Stinson moving on, let's look ahead to the next wave of Kentucky's finest signal callers. I'll get the ball rolling...

Kaiya Sheron - Somerset

6'4", 200 lbs

Offers from UK and Marshall

2019: 3,218 passing yards/28 TDs/5 ints./68% completion percentage - 959 rushing yards/8 TDs - Led the Briar Jumpers to a 14-1 record and 2A state title.

junior year 3,218 pass yds 96 rushing - Kaiya Sheron highlights - Hudl

Caleb Jacob - Covington Catholic

6'4", 210 lbs

Offer from Morehead State

2019: 2,817 yards passing/33 TDs/9 ints./64% completion percentage - 29-1 as a starter - Led the Colonels to a 15-0 record and 5A state title.

219 Junior Season Highlights - Caleb Jacob highlights - Hudl

Nathan McElroy - Trinity

6'2", 200 lbs

2019: 2,597 passing yards/31 TDs/9 ints./61% completion percentage - Led the Shamrocks to a 13-2 record and 6A state title.

Junior Highlights - Nathan McElroy highlights - Hudl

Nick Broyles - Franklin County

6'1", 180 lbs

Offer from Alabama A&M (D1- FCS)

2019: 2,437 passing yards/32 TDs/4 ints./65% completion percentage - 959 rushing yards/11 TDs - Led the Flyers to an 11-1 record.

junior season highlights - Nick Broyles highlights - Hudl

A couple of talented incoming juniors...

Isaac McNamee - Pikeville

6'4", 215 lbs

Offer from Marshall

2019 - 2,464 passing yards/32 TDs/6 ints./65% completion percentage - Led the Panthers to a 14-0 record and 1A state title.

Isaac McNamee QB Sophomore Highlights - Isaac McNamee highlights - Hudl

Gavin Wimsatt - Owensboro

6'3", 200 lbs

Offers from WKU and Murray State

2019: 2,729 passing yards/31 TDs/10 TDs/55% completion percentage - 564 rushing yards/12 TDs - Led the Red Devils to a 12-2 record and 5A semifinal appearance.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CWh2C

This is the first of several position specific threads that I'll post over the next couple of weeks.

Cameron Hergott - Beechwood

6-3, 185 lbs

Hergott, perhaps the most athletic quarterback in the state, led the young, rebuilding Tigers team a 8-6 record this season and an appearance in the Class AA state semifinals vs. Maysville. Hergott passed for 2076 yards and 15 touchdowns and an impressive 62% completion percentage. He rushed for a team-high 751 yards and 12 touchdowns. During his sophomore season, he quarterbacked the Tigers to a state championship over Pikeville. #Winner

I consider myself a realist that trends optimistic, so I'm planning on there being football this fall. Usually a thread like this would be put off until much closer to the start of the season, but it would be nice to see some football chatter around here. With that said, here's my first attempt to stimulate some.

With the likes of Beau Allen, Reed Lanter, and Jayden Stinson moving on, let's look ahead to the next wave of Kentucky's finest signal callers. I'll get the ball rolling...

Kaiya Sheron - Somerset

6'4", 200 lbs

Offers from UK and Marshall

2019: 3,218 passing yards/28 TDs/5 ints./68% completion percentage - 959 rushing yards/8 TDs - Led the Briar Jumpers to a 14-1 record and 2A state title.

junior year 3,218 pass yds 96 rushing - Kaiya Sheron highlights - Hudl

Caleb Jacob - Covington Catholic

6'4", 210 lbs

Offer from Morehead State

2019: 2,817 yards passing/33 TDs/9 ints./64% completion percentage - 29-1 as a starter - Led the Colonels to a 15-0 record and 5A state title.

219 Junior Season Highlights - Caleb Jacob highlights - Hudl

Nathan McElroy - Trinity

6'2", 200 lbs

2019: 2,597 passing yards/31 TDs/9 ints./61% completion percentage - Led the Shamrocks to a 13-2 record and 6A state title.

Junior Highlights - Nathan McElroy highlights - Hudl

Nick Broyles - Franklin County

6'1", 180 lbs

Offer from Alabama A&M (D1- FCS)

2019: 2,437 passing yards/32 TDs/4 ints./65% completion percentage - 959 rushing yards/11 TDs - Led the Flyers to an 11-1 record.

junior season highlights - Nick Broyles highlights - Hudl

A couple of talented incoming juniors...

Isaac McNamee - Pikeville

6'4", 215 lbs

Offer from Marshall

2019 - 2,464 passing yards/32 TDs/6 ints./65% completion percentage - Led the Panthers to a 14-0 record and 1A state title.

Isaac McNamee QB Sophomore Highlights - Isaac McNamee highlights - Hudl

Gavin Wimsatt - Owensboro

6'3", 200 lbs

Offers from WKU and Murray State

2019: 2,729 passing yards/31 TDs/10 TDs/55% completion percentage - 564 rushing yards/12 TDs - Led the Red Devils to a 12-2 record and 5A semifinal appearance.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CWh2C

This is the first of several position specific threads that I'll post over the next couple of weeks.

On Kaiya Sheron's stats I think you had a typo or looked in the wrong place. He actually had 959 yards rushing on 114 carries for an 8.6 average and 8 touchdowns in addition to being 178/260 passing for 68% completion percentage, 3218 yards, 28 TDs and 5 INTs.

On Kaiya Sheron's stats I think you had a typo or looked in the wrong place. He actually had 959 yards rushing on 114 carries for an 8.6 average and 8 touchdowns in addition to being 178/260 passing for 68% completion percentage, 3218 yards, 28 TDs and 5 INTs.

I credited him with 959 rushing yards above. If you're talking about the hudl link, I can't do anything about that. They rounded up to 960 yards, but the zero disappeared in the link. It happens sometimes.

I credited him with 959 rushing yards above. If you're talking about the hudl link, I can't do anything about that. They rounded up to 960 yards, but the zero disappeared in the link. It happens sometimes.

Zero's often drop off on links for some reason, no biggie.

• 1 month later...

Cameron Combs coming into his sophomore year for Corbin will be one to mention. I feel like the coaching staff will put a offense together that is more geared for the pass. Cameron by years end showed off his abilities and is one of the many reasons I feel like this 2020 Redhounds team will be a contender by years end.