Covington Catholic 59 Highlands 54 (9th Region Finals)

Vinson was easily the best player on the court tonight. Future is bright for that young man.

I’m curious what this young man’s ceiling is. His work ethic, attitude, and on court game awareness are second to none in NKY. I know he has already secured an offer from NKU, be fun to see what follows after the summer.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I missed Mr. Rabe, my apologies. I posted only what I heard from the PA announcer in the background of the audio stream. Every team in the tournament typically has at least one player on the list.

Was Gavin named?

Yes. First name called.

I didn't look at any stat sheets as far as game time goes, but I know he was in early foul trouble. Might have had to do with it.

Moser was having a good game too. Knocked down two big 3 pointers in the 2nd quarter. I think they rotate in and out for each other.

2020 9th Region All-tournament Team

Gavin Rabe, Cooper

DaeShawn White, Newport

Cole Busald, Beechwood

Kiernan Geraci, Dixie Heights

Wyatt Vieth, St. Henry

Connor Shea, St. Henry

Jalen Scott, Conner

Jared Hicks, Conner

Sam Vinson, Highlands

Hunter Ahlfeld, Highlands

Grant Disken, Covington Catholic

Noah Hupmann, Covington Catholic

Neil Green, Covington Catholic - MVP

Happy for Hupmann. The big guy was a difference maker tonight!

Says a lot for a TEAM when the 9th Region MVP has 0 points at Half, and really couldn’t buy a shot tonight and they still gutted out a win against a viable opponent. That was a fun game to be at, and the intensity of the game was the best I’ve seen in awhile.

8 straight Regional Finals for the Colonels and 5 titles in 7 years-not bad.

Back in 2015 a non-CCH poster started a thread something along the lines of if CCH was on the verge of becoming the greatest NKY Basketball Dynasty Ecer.

I can’t speak for others but facts are facts:

8 Straight 9TH Regional Championship Games

5 out of the last 7 9TH Region Champs

2 State Titles

3 State Final 4’s

That seems to stack up to me. If I am missing something let me know, but these are nothing but facts.

Says a lot for a TEAM when the 9th Region MVP has 0 points at Half, and really couldn’t buy a shot tonight and they still gutted out a win against a viable opponent. That was a fun game to be at, and the intensity of the game was the best I’ve seen in awhile.

I think you could argue Sam Vinson deserved 9th region MVP. They rarely ever give it to a player on the losing team but when you look up the true definition of valuable Vinson definitely fits that. Take Vinson off of Highlands where are they? Take Green off of CCH where are they? Just a thought. Congrats to Cov Cath!

Anyone know why the junior Stocks for Cov Cath didn’t get much action in the second half?

Didnt play much in the semi-final either. Wonder what's up there?

Albeit, I saw a bunch of people on here mention him in the beginning of the year as a D1 talent, and the next big thing at CCH, but haven't heard much about him lately. Hope the young man is okay.