St. Xavier 58 Trinity 47 (7th Region Round 1)

Trinity was horrible from 3 point line. Only hit 1 out of about 12 I believe. Varga for X had 5. Trinity couldn't make free throws either. The environment didn't disappoint. Congrats Tigers.

Certainly was good environment. Rare to have this game on either school’s campus.

Trinity was horrible from 3 point line. Only hit 1 out of about 12 I believe. Varga for X had 5. Trinity couldn't make free throws either. The environment didn't disappoint. Congrats Tigers.

Radio guys said Trinity hit 1 of 20 3's. Congrats to X. Better team won tonight. Good luck going forward.

Crazy stat! Sometimes it’s just not your night. Trinity has good crop of freshman so their future is bright.

My concern is that none of the current crop appear to be impact D1 level players (David Johnson, Jay Scrubb, Nathan Dieudonne, Ray Spaulding, Josh Sewell ) that they have had over the past ten years.

It seems to consistently stay in top five of state and be in discussion for state championships yearly, that type of player is not mandatory but very helpful.

Trinity will need that level of talent to continue to advance out of a loaded 7th region. Ballard, Male and Eastern will be tough to beat in the next few years with some of their young talent.

I do expect the St. X - Trinity rivalry to tighten up over the next few years.

My concern is that none of the current crop appear to be impact D1 level players (David Johnson, Jay Scrubb, Nathan Dieudonne, Ray Spaulding, Josh Sewell ) that they have had over the past ten years.

It seems to consistently stay in top five of state and be in discussion for state championships yearly, that type of player is not mandatory but very helpful.

Time will tell but if freshman is starting varsity they should get better and be a very good player by time a senior.

St.X didn’t have to use young players since upper class heavy team, but look for sophomores Jakob Dixon, Micah Carter, and Jaxon Panariello. Panariello had broken foot so missed most all of freshman season but would have made impact on frosh team if healthy. Frosh team was 24-4.

Time will tell but if freshman is starting varsity they should get better and be a very good player by time a senior.

St.X didn’t have to use young players since upper class heavy team, but look for sophomores Jakob Dixon, Micah Carter, and Jaxon Panariello. Panariello had broken foot so missed most all of freshman season but would have made impact on frosh team if healthy. Frosh team was 24-4.

What's a typical season record for a St. X freshman team? It seems like they're always really strong & deep with their freshman teams.

What's a typical season record for a St. X freshman team? It seems like they're always really strong & deep with their freshman teams.

I know they typically have a winning record but I think this year has been one of the better ones.