December 7, 200619 yr I was listening to Charlie Stiener's radio show and someone they interviewing, forgot his name, said that Bonds was there to garner interest. And that all the statements said about "teams" interested in Barry were untrue. No one was and has been interested in Barry. Only the Giants want to sign him back. But not for the money he's wanting. That would be around 16 million for one year and an option for 2008.
December 7, 200619 yr I thought he was only going to play for a American League team so he can DH.....I don't think i can take another season of watching him destroy the position of Left Field....... :laugh: :laugh:
December 7, 200619 yr http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2690042 LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Barry Bonds' agent said Thursday the free-agent slugger could sign a new contract whenever he wants. "He could snap his fingers and get a deal done," Jeff Borris said. Currently, Bonds and his former team, the San Francisco Giants, were still far apart on a deal, with the seven-time NL MVP hoping for a contract worth about $18 million. The sides have been exchanging offers but weren't sure they would talk Thursday before traveling home from the winter meetings. "I don't want to get into specifics," Giants general manager Brian Sabean said. "It's fluid. ... We'll debrief when everybody gets back." Borris would not confirm which teams, other than the Giants, might be involved. The St. Louis Cardinals apparently had made their initial interest known, but San Francisco was told they were no longer involved.
December 7, 200619 yr http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2690042 LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Barry Bonds' agent said Thursday the free-agent slugger could sign a new contract whenever he wants. "He could snap his fingers and get a deal done," Jeff Borris said. Currently, Bonds and his former team, the San Francisco Giants, were still far apart on a deal, with the seven-time NL MVP hoping for a contract worth about $18 million. The sides have been exchanging offers but weren't sure they would talk Thursday before traveling home from the winter meetings. "I don't want to get into specifics," Giants general manager Brian Sabean said. "It's fluid. ... We'll debrief when everybody gets back." Borris would not confirm which teams, other than the Giants, might be involved. The St. Louis Cardinals apparently had made their initial interest known, but San Francisco was told they were no longer involved. Cardinals GM was stated as saying that they, Cardinals, were never interested in Bonds. I'll look for a link. OK, I couldn't find the link with the quote. But, I did get these 2 links. And it's all Bonds agent, Jeff Borris, trying to scare the Giants into signing Bonds for 18 million. Tony La Russa was said that he talked with Borris about the Cardinals' interest in Bonds. But the Mercury news did not have an actual quote from La Russa just from Borris stating that La Russa talked with him. What an agent. Bonds and the Cardinals Another Link to Bonds
December 8, 200619 yr Bonds remains with the Giants as reported on Cold Pizza. He signs a 1 year contract, money amount I did not hear the exact but the contract gives him an incentive so he has the chance to earn 20 mill.
December 8, 200619 yr This coming from someone that has a Boston Red Sox logo for an avatar. I think that Manny plays a little bit better in left than barry does....
December 8, 200619 yr So Bonds won big time if he signed for 16 and they initially offered 10. Will he stay healthy this year?
December 9, 200619 yr if he breaks Aaron's record, i will never go or watch another baseball game again.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.