Russell:

VanHoose 35 - 7

Robinson 15 - 10

Gill 13 - 7

Ferguson 1 - 1

Blair 6 - 4

Frasier 2 - 0

Turner 2 - 0

Vanhoose hit a 30 footer with 3.3 seconds left to win the game. Russell jumped out 20-4 and then Elliott Co. came back and was up by 9 late in the

3rd quarter. This game came down to rebounding. Russell got too many second chance points in the second half and was a big differnece maker.

Vanhoose hit a 30 footer with 3.3 seconds left to win the game. Russell jumped out 20-4 and then Elliott Co. came back and was up by 9 late in the

3rd quarter. This game came down to rebounding. Russell got too many second chance points in the second half and was a big differnece maker.

Did Elliott play like a team tonight or did they wine and cry over who took shots?

Terrific 16th region contest. Elliott County plays harder than any team in our region, period!. They have tons of heart and I love their hustle and they could easily win it all in late Feb. That being said, Russell simply has more talent, more athletes, more depth and in the end, more "D-1 Hoose". Their new up tempo game is much more fun to watch and when they start making better decisions, they could be scary. Gill is a horse on the inside and has to get more touches: he's 8-10 & 6-9 in two games from the field. Blair has to stay out of foul trouble and he pushes the ball up the floor as good as anyone in the region and Robinson is learning the system. Great game!

Elliot County played their hearts out, the super sophs represented, but the super seniors just got two years on them, Russell got in foul trouble, had to go to zone and Ethan Faulkner hit 4 deep threes on the zone to bring Elliot back, they got their confidence, and Russell struggled all night with foul trouble, (and it wasnt the refs, they were all fouls) VanHoose took a shot with 3.3 left from about 5 feet behind the arc, it was one of thos "oh-no" then "oh yeah" shots, I would have pounded it inside, but what do I know, definitely one of the most entertaining games that you will ever see in the 16th region, had no resemblance to Monday night, I think both teams got better tonight. Ferguson was a beast in the paint against the foul prone Russell players.

Overall great game, but just for fun, could any math majors out there tell me if Russell is averaging more points per game than giats "buddy ballers"?:D

Elliot County played their hearts out, the super sophs represented, but the super seniors just got two years on them, Russell got in foul trouble, had to go to zone and Ethan Faulkner hit 4 deep threes on the zone to bring Elliot back, they got their confidence, and Russell struggled all night with foul trouble, (and it wasnt the refs, they were all fouls) VanHoose took a shot with 3.3 left from about 5 feet behind the arc, it was one of thos "oh-no" then "oh yeah" shots, I would have pounded it inside, but what do I know, definitely one of the most entertaining games that you will ever see in the 16th region, had no resemblance to Monday night, I think both teams got better tonight. Ferguson was a beast in the paint against the foul prone Russell players.

Overall great game, but just for fun, could any math majors out there tell me if Russell is averaging more points per game than giats "buddy ballers"?:D

Ashland is averaging 63.5 points per game while giving up 61.5 points per game. Russell is averaging 67 points per game and giving up 58.5 points per game. So not only are you out scoring Ashland, but also giving up less points.