January 30, 20206 yr This game shows exactly how important it is for Richards to do his best to stay out of foul trouble. He has to be in the game! My goodness he has come a long way since last year!!!
January 30, 20206 yr This game shows exactly how important it is for Richards to do his best to stay out of foul trouble. He has to be in the game! My goodness he has come a long way since last year!!! To be fair he also didn’t really get much of a chance last year. With PJ and Travis, as soon as Richards made a mistake he was taken out because they had one of those guys to put back in. He is still obviously a lot better this year. However, part of that I do believe is because he was able to play through mistakes this year early on without coming out and eventually developed this great confidence he has now.
January 30, 20206 yr The last 5 minutes of the game, it was like Richards had a magnet connecting him to rebounds. Wherever he was, the rebound went to him. He is a lot of fun to watch. I sure never thought I would be saying that about Richards, FKA Hands of Stone.
January 30, 20206 yr To be fair he also didn’t really get much of a chance last year. With PJ and Travis, as soon as Richards made a mistake he was taken out because they had one of those guys to put back in. He is still obviously a lot better this year. However, part of that I do believe is because he was able to play through mistakes this year early on without coming out and eventually developed this great confidence he has now. By far my biggest gripe with Cal and his coaching style. Too overly emotional and knee jerk with the guys he has on a short leash. It was why I loved the '10-'11 season. They had six guys that could play, so by default he could not pull out players at every little mistake because there was nobody else to turn to.
January 30, 20206 yr By far my biggest gripe with Cal and his coaching style. Too overly emotional and knee jerk with the guys he has on a short leash. It was why I loved the '10-'11 season. They had six guys that could play, so by default he could not pull out players at every little mistake because there was nobody else to turn to. I completely agree with this.
January 30, 20206 yr The last 5 minutes of the game, it was like Richards had a magnet connecting him to rebounds. Wherever he was, the rebound went to him. He is a lot of fun to watch. I sure never thought I would be saying that about Richards, FKA Hands of Stone. When Richards was out, it seemed like when there were 3-4 guys fighting for a rebound by the basket they all maxed out at the same height. When he was in, it seemed like his maximum height was about a foot higher than the other players and he was able to two-hand the rebound. To me it was a stark difference and shows just how valuable he is to the Cats.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.