Coaching change at CovCath?

BirdHound

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, if he wants out, bon voyage.

Personally, I think he'll stay but Covington Catholic is not a "stepping stone" type program for another high school.

But, I wouldn't blame him for looking into the Elder job. ;)

I agree, CovCath is not a stepping stone program, and with CCH moving up to 5A next year, they are going to need someone at the helm like Coach Rodenberg.

Although I wouldn't blame him if the Elder job opened up and he was in the running. The pit is a fantastic place to play and watch a game!

If the rumors are true( and I hope they aren't) does CovCath have anyone one the back burner to take Coach Rodenbergs place?

If his Defensive Coordinator wanted the job I think it would be his. Coach Hautmann( don't know if I spelled that one correctly) has huge respect from the parents, players and administration.

If his Defensive Coordinator wanted the job I think it would be his. Coach Hautmann( don't know if I spelled that one correctly) has huge respect from the parents, players and administration.

Did his staff come with him 2 years ago? Or was Hautmann (sp) a coach under Ray?

From the Enquirer prep blog site...

Top Roger Bacon candidate?

The name of John Rodenberg has surfaced among contenders for the vacant Roger Bacon football coaching job.

Rodenberg, the former McNicholas head coach, guided Covington Catholic to the Kentucky Class 3A championship last Friday.

Roger Bacon AD Joe Corcoran said he will not disclose any candidates' names, but several sources say Rodenberg recently expressed interest in the job. Bacon has had 18 applicants and will accept resumes through Dec. 15, Corcoran said. The goal is to have a coach by the first of the year.

posted by Tom Groeschen at 11:42 AM 0 comments links to this post

Here is the link: http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/

From the Enquirer prep blog site...

Top Roger Bacon candidate?

The name of John Rodenberg has surfaced among contenders for the vacant Roger Bacon football coaching job.

Rodenberg, the former McNicholas head coach, guided Covington Catholic to the Kentucky Class 3A championship last Friday.

Roger Bacon AD Joe Corcoran said he will not disclose any candidates' names, but several sources say Rodenberg recently expressed interest in the job. Bacon has had 18 applicants and will accept resumes through Dec. 15, Corcoran said. The goal is to have a coach by the first of the year.

posted by Tom Groeschen at 11:42 AM 0 comments links to this post

Here is the link: http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/

Hm...interesting.

Did his staff come with him 2 years ago? Or was Hautmann (sp) a coach under Ray?

Hautman along with most of the staff (except Haskamp and some Freshmen coaches) are additions made by Rodenberg. I'd imagine that they would leave with Coach Rodenberg but I have nothing to verify that but my own thoughts, which have failed me many a time in the past :jump: :jump:

I've already heard that some CCH Alum are scouting out prospects for CCH just in case these rumors are true...

:D

Absolutely true. :thumb: ;) :sssh:

On the Hautman front, brought up by CCH86, I'd think he wouldn't be a candidate because he teaches at LaSalle and doesn't apparently want to leave there. I wouln't think (although Clines has surprised me before) that CCH would hire a Head Football Coach that wouldn't be teaching there.

No one knows for sure if coaches are leaving at this point in time. People have said Rodenberg wants to take a step up and possibl get to the college level. I hardly think he would take a step back and go to Roger Bacon after he has rediscovered a dynasty at Covington Catholic fist started by Lynn Ray. Besides I hear the underclassman have some weapons that are a threat at a repeat in 3A next year. Covington Catholic will only help his career in reaching a college position.

No one knows for sure if coaches are leaving at this point in time. People have said Rodenberg wants to take a step up and possibl get to the college level. I hardly think he would take a step back and go to Roger Bacon after he has rediscovered a dynasty at Covington Catholic fist started by Lynn Ray. Besides I hear the underclassman have some weapons that are a threat at a repeat in 3A next year. Covington Catholic will only help his career in reaching a college position.

They said, "This SHOULD be a repeat." Not, "This COULD be a repeat." ;)