Coaching change at CovCath?

BirdHound

No one knows for sure if coaches are leaving at this point in time. People have said Rodenberg wants to take a step up and possibl get to the college level. I hardly think he would take a step back and go to Roger Bacon after he has rediscovered a dynasty at Covington Catholic fist started by Lynn Ray. Besides I hear the underclassman have some weapons that are a threat at a repeat in 3A next year. Covington Catholic will only help his career in reaching a college position.

I would say that Cov. Cath. would be a lock in 3A next year.:D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that Cov. Cath. would be a lock in 3A next year.:D

Henry 521, I think you are just joking but, I will take any other team in the state to win 3A next yr except for CovCath, if all you smart football guru's know what I mean. I think this would be the best bet I have ever made. As a matter of fact, I would bet my house, car and dog on this one. Any takers???

Let me give everyone a hint, CCH will be in 5A next yr making it impossible to win back to back 3A championships.

I think that these are just rumors, I doubt they will follow through. When ever a big job opens of course they are going to look at a winning coach (3A State Championship). It is just a BIG rumor because he is from Cincinnati. IMO he will be at CCH for a few more years, like Colonel Crazy said, Cov. Cath. is not a "stepping stone" program. 87' 88' 93' 94' 97' 06'

If he does leave, is there any chance Coach Yeagle would be a candadate for the job?

I don't think Coach Yeagle would pursue this option, there is a reason he left a successful program at Beechwood, and I don't think he wants to go through that again.

Let me follow that up by saying I would like to see Yeagle at CovCath, not sure about other Beechwood fans though.

Henry 521, I think you are just joking but, I will take any other team in the state to win 3A next yr except for CovCath, if all you smart football guru's know what I mean. I think this would be the best bet I have ever made. As a matter of fact, I would bet my house, car and dog on this one. Any takers???

Let me give everyone a hint, CCH will be in 5A next yr making it impossible to win back to back 3A championships.

That was Henry's point. I think it was Junior 03 that stated CovCath should be a threat to repeat in 3A next year. Henry's point was that if CovCath was going to be in 3A next year after they go to 6 classes, it was be a sure thing, a lock, that they'd win it.

Absolutely true. :thumb: ;) :sssh:

On the Hautman front, brought up by CCH86, I'd think he wouldn't be a candidate because he teaches at LaSalle and doesn't apparently want to leave there. I wouln't think (although Clines has surprised me before) that CCH would hire a Head Football Coach that wouldn't be teaching there.

Schools tend to make room for a teacher when they are head football coaches and teachers tend to move schools when they could become a head football coach. That being said I have no reason to believe that he would be a candidate other than the fact that the players, parents and staff are very impressed by him. He may however have no aspirations to be a head coach and as you said be fine with moving with Rhodenberg.

I heard a rumor that Coach R. was leaving after last year. So, Im not suprised it it doesnt follow through. Also, CCH has a chance at winning another state title next year. I dont see the reason why to leave. I heard the JV only lost 2 games- to Elder and St. X by a slim margin and beating HHS. So I dont see him leaving.

When very similar rumors came up after last season Coach Rodenberg was very upfront about addressing them to his team, and I'm sure the rumors will be addressed again soon. However, Coach Rodenberg firmly believes in focusing on this years team and more importantly this years seniors until after the football banquet which is this weekend. At that point he shifts his focus to the offseason and getting ready for next year and that is when he would probably address these issues most likely to next years team first.

I heard a rumor that Coach R. was leaving after last year. So, Im not suprised it it doesnt follow through. Also, CCH has a chance at winning another state title next year. I dont see the reason why to leave. I heard the JV only lost 2 games- to Elder and St. X by a slim margin and beating HHS. So I dont see him leaving.

CovCath loses everything and the JV wasn't that good despite the record, which I will take your word that they only lost 2 games. I do wish them luck.

CovCath loses everything and the JV wasn't that good despite the record, which I will take your word that they only lost 2 games. I do wish them luck.

They lose a lot, not everything.......kind of like most other schools in NKY. They have Buckley returning on O and can build their offense around him, and they some solid returning LBs to build their defense around.

I think you're going to see more players going both ways next year for the Colonels.

They did only lose two games and one of those was a very narrow loss to Cincinnati St. X. What do you have to back up your opinion that the JV wasn't very good despite a 6-2 record?

CovCath loses a great senior class, but their junior class which has been stuck behind this talented class finally has a chance to show what they can do. Also the sophomore class this year has great talent on it as well. Once they fill one or two weak spots they will be ready to make another run for a state championship this season.

They lose a lot, not everything.......kind of like most other schools in NKY. They have Buckley returning on O and can build their offense around him, and they some solid returning LBs to build their defense around.

I think you're going to see more players going both ways next year for the Colonels.

You know that D will be good with Hautman as the cordinator. Its the O im worried about, especcially up front. I heard they have some good specialty players coming up, but IMO the struggle will be at the line.

From the Enquirer blog:

Ramsey still at Elder

Doug Ramsey has not resigned as Elder football coach, contrary to rumors that have surfaced among Internet chatters.

"This is getting old for me," Ramsey told me today. "There's nothing going on. I just met with the (Elder) guys yesterday to talk about the offseason."

In other words, he plans to stay put.

Ramsey was more open to suggestions after the 2005 season, when Elder went 4-6 and Ramsey subsequently looked into some other jobs, including Springboro. This year, Elder went 6-4 and could be better next year, with a strong junior class that includes elite DI college prospect Kyle Rudolph at TE.

Also:

CovCath coach John Rodenberg is rumored to be a top candidate for the Roger Bacon job, and the vacant Mason job has drawn Ramsey's name into that rumor mill. Ramsey to Mason, Rodenberg to Elder? Don't bet on either.

Some believe Ramsey is waiting for his former coach, Ken Minor, to retire at Reading. There is a natural fit there, as Ramsey still lives in Reading and his brother is AD there. But Minor, still going strong after 34 years of coaching, had Reading in the D-V playoffs this year and seems set to return.