Classy Action by Highlands

who were they honoring....former state champs from 25 yrs ago?

There was a nice bit in the paper this morning about some former HHS state champs as well as Sutkamp from Bellevue...back in those days... I think HHS and Bellevue went to a lot of state finals in their respective classes.

I just realized, that was my junior year -- I know all those guys!

Man, I feel so old now! :irked:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the same person received the award tonight in Louisville. They did reconize the state champs from 25 years ago. Maybe the Newspaper had something to do with the reaction, even if there was one. Who Knows!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they only had one player go accept the award or were there more players there? just curious...

It is obvious from what I heard happened at the CCH game tonight. From what I heard, there were some former Highlands players that were not given a warm welcome during a halftime award presentation. Can someone give more details on what took place, or is it being blown totally out of proportion? If this did take place, then shame on anybody that didn't applaud what these guys did 25 years ago for their respective schools. Or was it just because it was Highlands? :irked:

Do ya think if we had put a sign up in the Ole Fort that said "go colonels" it would have been any warmer?:eek: :lol:

I'm sure Dale was cheering for Cov. Cath. I bet he can't wait untill next year to knock out the State Champions. I'll see you in Park Hills in mid-November.

I am just wnadering why if you were awarded Player of the year and coach of the year like dale and Kramer were why were they not on the field to receive their award at halftime of the 3A game?

From what i was told, we will be seeing you in Ft Thomas. Someone told me that the HHS/CCH game is being played in Ft Thomas next year. Why, i have no clue, but it works for me.

That maybe so, but I was saying that CCH will win that and see Highlands in Park Hills for the playoffs in mid-november.

I am just wnadering why if you were awarded Player of the year and coach of the year like dale and Kramer were why were they not on the field to receive their award at halftime of the 3A game?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My guess is that had Highlands been playing for the 3A title they still would not been on the field at half to recieve their award.:D