Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeSales 39 Mercer County 23

Featured Replies

Mercer County hung in there and made it a game. I’m sure a few Colts fans were a little nervous.

Mercer County hung in there and made it a game. I’m sure a few Colts fans were a little nervous.

 

Exactly what I was thinking, Mercer was leading in the 2nd half.

Mercer played their butts off... probably should have been a single score margin.

I think there were two blocked punts, interception and fumble by DeSales. Lot of short fields for Mercer. I`m happy with score! Mercer played good hard game!

I think there were two blocked punts, interception and fumble by DeSales. Lot of short fields for Mercer. I`m happy with score! Mercer played good hard game!

 

Welcome to BGP @grassman

I had watched Mercer on YouTube against CAL. I knew how good they really were. They are a hard-nosed, well coached, tough playing team!! No doubt about that! I expected a close game & that was what we got in the first half. The Colts' defense really stepped up in the 2nd half & James Johnson was running like a machine. Those two things helped the Colts overcome the mistakes, penalties, and turnovers which have hurt them a lot this season. Another huge road win for the Colts. If they can continue to play this tough they have a chance to win the State Championship. Kudos to the Colts coaching staff for their halftime adjustments, and to the kids for their gutsy effort.

Sloppy game. 2 blocked punts. Terrible snaps. Botched extra point with another bad snap. Fumble on the Mercer side of the field. To win by 16 is pretty amazing. It was a tale of two halves. They won the first, DeSales made the necessary adjustments and played pretty dominant football in the second.

Looked like in the second half Desales ran it down Mercer's throat to win the game.

I heard coach Davis tell a reporter last week that our #1 long snapper was injured. I'm not sure if he played in this game or not. If it was a substitute, I'm sure he was very nervous. I would have been. I do hope the Colts can get all of these turnovers, mistakes, and penalties out of their system before the playoffs start!!

Hats off to Mercer County, very close game. The final score did not tell the whole story. QB #14 is real smooth, man he can step up into the pocket. Runs well and has a strong arm. Glad we kept #22 some what in check the 2nd half, very elusive and quick. # 30 is a huge dude, I assume some D-1 team is looking at him. Thanks Coachb110 for keeping the up dates going sir. By the way, the 'pot roast manhattan' @ the Kentucky Fudge Company was excellent !

Our first half was one of the best halves of football we have played the past 5 years against an outstanding opponent. The 2nd half DeSales played exceptionally well. They have a very good football team.

 

When we started watching video on the Colts back in December of 2018, the gap between us and DeSales was massive. Incredibly proud of the hard work our kids and coaches have put in to close the gap between ourselves and both CAL & DeSales. One of the finest things I've seen a football team do in 50 + years of being around HS football.

 

Bottom line... we have much work to do and to get better.

 

Incredible to think all 3 teams are in the same district. Without a doubt, toughest district for any team I've coached the past 28 years. Crazy to think only one of the 3 will be left going in to round 3.

Have to give Desales a lot of credit. Mercer was up 23-20 with 9 minutes left in the game. Desales goes up 27-23 with 5 minutes left in the 4th QTR and the rest is history. Mercer had a good game plan in the 1st half and were balanced with the run and pass game. Seemed as though Mercer came out a little conservative in the 2nd half and Desales completely stuffed the run on 1st and 2nd down putting Mercer in 3rd and long and they were unable to pass block in the 2nd half. I was extremely impressed with Desales upfront on both sides of the ball. Nobody has lined up and ran the ball on Mercer like that all year. Desales seemed to run 3-4 plays the whole 2nd half. It didn't matter that Mercer knew they were running or where they were running they had no answer or adjustment for it. Was this Desales highest rushing total of the year?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.