sweet16

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I am not recalling well but both teams used a 5 man rotation all season but now its the not sure who is going to start game and the well it's a bullpen day. This has been prevalent throughout this years playoffs. Yeah your 4 and 5 man are not your best starters but it works all season. With the lack of off days in playoff baseball a 4th starter is a must. That being said this may turn out to be one heck of a series! The Astros needed that from Greinke bad last night.

Sure is looking good so far. Hope it holds. I dont want them to make it back to Houston.

Hope you haven't spent your winnings just yet. Nats down 4-0 in game 4 right now. Urquidy is pitching like Cy Young as the Nationals look like they're going to blow a 2-0 games lead along with home field advantage, and face the prospect of having to beat either Cole or Verlander a second time.

I think the Nationals are done. Pressure has come off the Astros and landed squarely on Washington, and they look it. Houston is laughing and joking and having fun again...Nationals are playing tight.

I'd look for Cole to come out tonight and pitch 7 innings with only 4 hits. Heck, he may not give up a run if he doesn't walk anyone.

Astros take game 5, and are now up 3-2 in the series. Don't know why they're even bothering going back to Houston. Nationals should just meet them at home plate tonight and say "good series", and save the airfare.

On a side note, hated that Scherzer was scratched tonight. If the Nats are able to steal game 6, imagine Sanchez starting game 7 with Scherzer coming out of the pen (if he's healthy by then). But, I don't think it'll get that far.

Hope you haven't spent your winnings just yet. Nats down 4-0 in game 4 right now. Urquidy is pitching like Cy Young as the Nationals look like they're going to blow a 2-0 games lead along with home field advantage, and face the prospect of having to beat either Cole or Verlander a second time.

Yeah, things aren't looking good at all for that bet that I had. Was tempted to hedge the bet when the Nats were up 2-0 to guarantee a profit, but let it ride.

Also, if there ever was a chance for the electronic ball-strike calling to happen in the majors, I'd have to think it's gotten a huge boost in the past two games. My goodness, I have never seen such horrendous strike calling in back to back games. And these guys are supposed to be the best? Cederstrom and Barksdale need to face some consequences.