Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 35 St. Xavier 3

Featured Replies

Trinity bounces back from Male loss and plays well for the win.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming off of a close loss at Male, this was bad timing for X, T was still angry about the Male loss and came out playing mad. X will be fine for the rest of the regular season but getting revenge against Male in the playoffs will be tough.

  • Author

I knew it would be tough for St. X to score. Trinity held Male to 7 in regulation last week and Male offense better than St .X offense.

It was an embarrassing loss for the Tigers. They were dominated much more than the scoreboard indicated. For St. X to take the next step, they must be able to hold up on the lines of scrimmage. Congratulations to Trinity.

 

Trinity did a good job of mixing it up on offense. They spread it out at times and ran 2 TE’s at times. They ran and passed. They got in shotgun/pistol as well as operating from under center. I will never understand the 100% shotgun philosophy that St. X has. To me it is just unsound football. They do some really good things with their offense, but to never get under center to both run and pass simply baffles me.

The future is bright for the Tigers, but right now they’re just not at the level of Male and Trinity and it’s really at the LOS.

 

Can’t put the defense in tough spots and expect them to hold up against Trinity’s offense. The only thing you can do if you’re St. X is get better each week and put this game behind them.

The future is bright for the Tigers, but right now they’re just not at the level of Male and Trinity and it’s really at the LOS.

 

Can’t put the defense in tough spots and expect them to hold up against Trinity’s offense. The only thing you can do if you’re St. X is get better each week and put this game behind them.

 

I agree about the future being bright for the Tigers in the skill positions. They need to reclaim their dominance on the lines of scrimmage.

That was domination.

 

Wow, I figured Trinity would win the game but I didn't realize St. X was that lacking in playmakers and just all-around athletes. I thought the QB was supposed to be able to throw the ball. He wasn't very good tonight.

 

I am sure they will be there for Male or Trinity to play somewhere in the playoffs but they have a long way to go to be on par with those two.

That was domination.

 

Wow, I figured Trinity would win the game but I didn't realize St. X was that lacking in playmakers and just all-around athletes. I thought the QB was supposed to be able to throw the ball. He wasn't very good tonight.

 

I am sure they will be there for Male or Trinity to play somewhere in the playoffs but they have a long way to go to be on par with those two.

 

While their QB has improved his arm isn’t his strength. Last year when he replaced Sullivan the offense had to be tweaked to feature his legs more than his arm. And with two ACL tears he probably isn’t the runner he used to be.

Of the 22 starters for Trinity, how many will be returning next year?

  • Author
Of the 22 starters for Trinity, how many will be returning next year?

 

Several since have very good JR class. Also will return Soph RB Armon Tucker.

About what I expected.

Of the 22 starters for Trinity, how many will be returning next year?

 

I could be wrong but I think it's all but five guys will be back. Tons of juniors that start for Trinity.

St. X couldn’t compete. Zero adjustments at half. No offense. Very vanilla.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

I could be wrong but I think it's all but five guys will be back. Tons of juniors that start for Trinity.

I think that is about right. They should be very good next year. I hear that there is also good leadership in this year's junior class.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.