Tubby = Coker...thoughts?

RockPride

The answer is yes. I am in it for the long haul not just one year. I have a lot more respect for the character of Bobby Perry as a person than some kid who only thinks about himself and how much cash he can make at the next level. He may not have the talent of others but he represents the program with nothing but class.

I know there are flaws with the UK program as they are with ALL college programs. The difference is that I will not complain because I don't agree with what is being done. I am a fan and it is my job to support the program not to run it or in the case of this thread run it down.

Not trying to run the program down, but I don't think you can honestly say that you are happy with the job Tubby is doing. We just can't get the quality recruits other teams are getting now a days. Memphis, yes Memphis, made us look like a high school team they had so many more athletic players than us.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not trying to run the program down, but I don't think you can honestly say that you are happy with the job Tubby is doing. We just can't get the quality recruits other teams are getting now a days. Memphis, yes Memphis, made us look like a high school team they had so many more athletic players than us.
See category #1....:sssh: sorry, said I wouldn't post any more.

Well then I guess I misread it. I am a fan. As I've stated, I don't like Tubby. I think his style and recruiting abilities are not what UK is used to or needs. He may very well be a fine person. I don't know. I've never met him, so I can't say. I've watched many of the games on tv and have watched what has been going on. So I have actually seen a lot of it with my own eyes.

As far as the UK haters, they're going to hate us regardless. And they're going to laugh everytime we loose. Puke could go 30-2 and I'm going to laugh at those two losses. So it doesn't really matter if the team has a bunch of negative or not, they're going to laugh. But I understand why you say that. I just don't like where the program is at.

I knew we could agree sooner or later!!:thumb: I will laugh with you on the PUKE losses. I respect your opinion but it is a proven fact that Tubby is a great person and coach and well respected by all who is associated with college basketball. UK is really lucky to have a coach with high morals and a family history of OTS. No hard feelings, All UK fans need to be united not divided, that is what the Big Blue haters want to accomplish. There are strength in numbers.

There's already been a thread along this lines...there was an article a while back comparing Tubby, Coker, Lloyd and Fulmer.

I guess Lloyd has bought himself some time, but I still think Michigan could be a more consistent player in the National Title picture with a better coach.

Fulmer probably eased the pressure off slightly with a bounce back season. But again, I think UT could be better.

Coker is gone.

Tubby is up and down...hopefully this will be an up season. UK should be more consistent though...at least that's what I think.

I understand your intentions:thumb: . I would like to see more Championships the same as everyone but I am glad that Tubby is the coach at UK. They have a very young group of kids right now that show a lot of promise. If we as a true fan can give them our support and allow them time to grow as a player we may see that Championship again in the future. The only thing I know that is a fact is that Tubby Smith knows more basketball and is a better coach than anyone who posted on this thread.

I understand your intentions:thumb: . I would like to see more Championships the same as everyone but I am glad that Tubby is the coach at UK. They have a very young group of kids right now that show a lot of promise. If we as a true fan can give them our support and allow them time to grow as a player we may see that Championship again in the future. The only thing I know that is a fact is that Tubby Smith knows more basketball and is a better coach than anyone who posted on this thread.

I will agree about the young kids, I am really impressed with all four of them.

I don't think the problem is players Tubby can get the problem is the ones he can't. It's not like he's not trying to get alot of these one and done players. To address the theme of this thread no I do not think there is any comparison to the problems Coker has had and that Tubby has dealt with.

I said "no comparison", to what Coker and Miami have gone through. Didn't imply UK had no problems, away from the court.

Bottom line and my last post in this thread....Coker and Smith, along with many other college programs, have issues with players away from the field/court. I in no way, see a comparison of problems at UK, that have plagued Miami in recent memory, including former graduates who still find their way into the spotlight, after they leave Miami....

UK supporters can be divided into 3 categories....

1) Claim loyalty, support the program no matter what but don't always agree.

2) Claim loyalty, would like to see changes at coach, unreal expectations.

3) Claim loyalty, constantly negative and never happy.

That's about as far off base as it gets. But I guess you would inclued me in category 2. But if unreal expectations means making it to the final four every now and then (like we used to), 10-loss seasons, or 13 like last year, not becoming expected (like the good ole days), being able to get some of the very best prospects (like we always did before), playing an exciting brand of ball (like we always have), and having good team chemistry with guys who seem to like their coach and each other (like we always did before), count me in as having unreal esxpectations.:rolleyes:

UK supporters can be divided into 3 categories....

1) Claim loyalty, support the program no matter what but don't always agree.

2) Claim loyalty, would like to see changes at coach, unreal expectations.

3) Claim loyalty, constantly negative and never happy.

:thumb: Good analogy STRIKE, I personally consider myself in the #1 category.

That's about as far off base as it gets. But I guess you would inclued me in category 2. But if unreal expectations means making it to the final four every now and then (like we used to), 10-loss seasons, or 13 like last year, not becoming expected (like the good ole days), being able to get some of the very best prospects (like we always did before), playing an exciting brand of ball (like we always have), and having good team chemistry with guys who seem to like their coach and each other (like we always did before), count me in as having unreal esxpectations.:rolleyes:

I forgot to add being ranked in the top 25 like we always have is another unreal expectation I have...

I knew we could agree sooner or later!!:thumb: I will laugh with you on the PUKE losses. I respect your opinion but it is a proven fact that Tubby is a great person and coach and well respected by all who is associated with college basketball. UK is really lucky to have a coach with high morals and a family history of OTS. No hard feelings, All UK fans need to be united not divided, that is what the Big Blue haters want to accomplish. There are strength in numbers.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: We all may have different ideas on how and what needs to be done but I certainly would hope that we all want the same results and that is UK b.b. back on top!!:ylsuper: I have been guilty in this thread of giving the UK "haters" more ammunition that they crave and for that I apologize. I just express my opinions as others do on here and mine do not always agree with others.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: We all may have different ideas on how and what needs to be done but I certainly would hope that we all want the same results and that is UK b.b. back on top!!:ylsuper: I have been guilty in this thread of giving the UK "haters" more ammunition that they crave and for that I apologize. I just express my opinions as others do on here and mine do not always agree with others.

:thumb: GO BIG BLUE:dancingpa

I don't want to argue with anyone on here, but I am curious, I would like to know what the expectations that each have for the UK program. I would like to know what the are for Strike3 and C'Ville and compare that with those of Hard Rock Fan and Eagle01. I'm curious as to how they are different.

I don't want to argue with anyone on here, but I am curious, I would like to know what the expectations that each have for the UK program. I would like to know what the are for Strike3 and C'Ville and compare that with those of Hard Rock Fan and Eagle01. I'm curious as to how they are different.

The only thing that I expect is for the players and coaches to go out each night give 110% and represent the program and themselves with nothing but Character. If a program does this they are a winner in my book. I hate to lose at anything (ask Doc) but I will walk away with my head held high if the effort was given and every ounce of sweat was left on the floor or playing field. That is the way I was taught and the way I approached each game. A great season is everyones goal, but in all reality it doesn't happen every time.

I would like a team that is consistantly good. Not one that finishes unranked after last season with 3 all americans and is unranked this year. I would like a constant top 15 team. Not one that losses to Indiana and Kansas by over 25. I don't think that's too much. I would like a team to occasionally make the Final Four and not get beat in the second round every other year by UAB. I would like the type of players that Pitino recruited that brought some excitement to the game. I would like to see the full court press like we used to do and a team that could score some points and not finish the game with 60.

I realize that Tubby is not Pitino and I'm fine with it. If Tubby could do what I've asked for, I'd be the first to say give him a contract extension. I don't think I've asked for too much. Actually I'd say I probably want what all other UK fans want. I could handle a low scoring team if they would constantly win. I know they play Tubby's style. But I just don't think it's working. I'm not asking for a championship every year. I'm not asking for a Final Four every year. But going 0-7 is too much for a program like UK.