Tubby = Coker...thoughts?

RockPride

No because antrelle rolle who wore number 6 got called for the pass interference which wasn't thrown by the back judge however by the lines judge. Buckeyes fans know that Miami got rigged and should have been back to back champions.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::rolleyes: BuckNut said it best JP..... ...The trophy is in Columbus and so were the National Champions for that year.:D :ylsuper: :ylsuper: GO BUCKEYES!!!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

News flash HRF, Pitino is not at UK anymore. If you want to support Pitino and his team they are located in Louisville....have a nice time. If anyone wants to continue to live in the "Pitino" days at UK thats fine I guess but I would rather support my Cats in the present and future. You will never go foward by looking in the rear view mirror.

News flash for you!!!! I didn't say I wanted Pitino back or was supporting him. I think ALL UK fans owe him for rebuilding UK basketball and made it into the program that you love. What I was saying was, is that Pitino took an average team and made them into a powerhouse. Tubby has taken a powerhouse and made them into an average team. I was just making a comparison of the two. Not once in any of my posts will you find the statement that I want Pitino back. It's easy to take something out of context and make it say whatever you want. If I tried hard enough, I could probably make it sound like you claim to be the King of England. But that would just be silly, wouldn't it?

Couple of thoughts....

1) NO comparison, to what Coker went through at Miami, with on and off field issues....NONE. He is partly gone because of record and those issues....to use his own words "and that is all there is to said about that"

2) Quit opening emails from this buddy....:D

The Wildcats have had a few things occur off the court on Tubby's watch...his record is far from flawless on that account.

I see where you are coming from oldrambler. It's just that in most cases if you have NBA caliber players on your team you are going to have a really good college team. Just take a look at Florida

:thumb: I understand what you are saying also, I just think that there are way too many h.s. players going to college for one or two years and jumping to the NBA but that is a whole other thread which I don't want to start right now.;)

I see where you are coming from oldrambler. It's just that in most cases if you have NBA caliber players on your team you are going to have a really good college team. Just take a look at Florida

IMO this is why Tubby doesn't recruit the high profile player as his # 1 priority. A coach doesn't want to take a player and only have him for one year only to have him move on to the "Money League". I would much rather have a kid who will be with my program 4 years and try to build on that. I am sure that the UK administration also have a say in who is being recruited so the decision is not Tubby's entirely.

The Wildcats have had a few things occur off the court on Tubby's watch...his record is far from flawless on that account.
I said "no comparison", to what Coker and Miami have gone through. Didn't imply UK had no problems, away from the court.

Bottom line and my last post in this thread....Coker and Smith, along with many other college programs, have issues with players away from the field/court. I in no way, see a comparison of problems at UK, that have plagued Miami in recent memory, including former graduates who still find their way into the spotlight, after they leave Miami....

UK supporters can be divided into 3 categories....

1) Claim loyalty, support the program no matter what but don't always agree.

2) Claim loyalty, would like to see changes at coach, unreal expectations.

3) Claim loyalty, constantly negative and never happy.

It's easy to take something out of context and make it say whatever you want. If I tried hard enough, I could probably make it sound like you claim to be the King of England. But that would just be silly, wouldn't it?

I can understand where you would think that it is easy to do bc that is what you have been doing and you are very good at it by the way!! As for the "King" of England, I didn't know there was a king, it was always my understanding that the Queen was calling the shots over there across the pond. :D :D :p :p :p;)

IMO this is why Tubby doesn't recruit the high profile player as his # 1 priority. A coach doesn't want to take a player and only have him for one year only to have him move on to the "Money League". I would much rather have a kid who will be with my program 4 years and try to build on that. I am sure that the UK administration also have a say in who is being recruited so the decision is not Tubby's entirely.

Your telling me you would rather have a Bobby Perry who gives you four solid years than having a one and done player that can win you a championship.

Example, Carmelo Anthony with the 'Cuse or Ohio St. this year with Greg Oden and all of the great recruits they got.

I said "no comparison", to what Coker and Miami have gone through. Didn't imply UK had no problems, away from the court.

Bottom line and my last post in this thread....Coker and Smith, along with many other college programs, have issues with players away from the field/court. I in no way, see a comparison of problems at UK, that have plagued Miami in recent memory, including former graduates who still find their way into the spotlight, after they leave Miami....

Well, I'll just leave this one alone.

On a different note...sort of...this past off-season was the second time in Tubby's tenure that he has had a mass exodus of players, a house cleaning of sorts...when that happens twice in a 6 or 7 year span, there is a problem. I don't know who's fault it is...it can't be Tubby's, so we'll just blame it on our dearly departed Strength and Conditioning coach for now...:D

I disagree with your second of the three categories. I sort of fall into the second category as I would guess most people who follow UK basketball do. I claim loyalty and would like to see changes at coach but I don't have unreal expectations. I don't think fans are asking UK to win the championship every year just have a respectable team that can at least finish the year ranked in the Top 25.

As I said this thread was not about you or I. I will however respond to your personal comments. I don't deny anything. I never said that you were not a FAN!! That is what you read into the post which is sometimes easy to do. I ask the questions of how many games you went to to see if you have seen them play or just making yor comments from hearsay or the post on this message board. It is good you are a fan but when you complain about every negative thing in a program you only make it easy for the UK haters to sit back and laugh at your program that you say you support. Have your say if you wish, it is what this is set up for. I'll have mine also.

Well then I guess I misread it. I am a fan. As I've stated, I don't like Tubby. I think his style and recruiting abilities are not what UK is used to or needs. He may very well be a fine person. I don't know. I've never met him, so I can't say. I've watched many of the games on tv and have watched what has been going on. So I have actually seen a lot of it with my own eyes.

As far as the UK haters, they're going to hate us regardless. And they're going to laugh everytime we loose. Puke could go 30-2 and I'm going to laugh at those two losses. So it doesn't really matter if the team has a bunch of negative or not, they're going to laugh. But I understand why you say that. I just don't like where the program is at.

:thumb:

I disagree with your second of the three categories. I sort of fall into the second category as I would guess most people who follow UK basketball do. I claim loyalty and would like to see changes at coach but I don't have unreal expectations. I don't think fans are asking UK to win the championship every year just have a respectable team that can at least finish the year ranked in the Top 25.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I can understand where you would think that it is easy to do bc that is what you have been doing and you are very good at it by the way!! As for the "King" of England, I didn't know there was a king, it was always my understanding that the Queen was calling the shots over there across the pond. :D :D :p :p :p;)

Yep, as I expected, you ignored the fact that I never praised Pitino and claimed to want him back, as you stated earlier.

As far as the King of England. You realize that the Queen has kids right and she was married? That means that there was a king at one point. I'm no genius on British history, so I don't know where he's at now. I think they got a divorce. It was intended to be a ridiculous statement, just like you claiming that I wanted Pitino back.

Your telling me you would rather have a Bobby Perry who gives you four solid years than having a one and done player that can win you a championship.

Example, Carmelo Anthony with the 'Cuse or Ohio St. this year with Greg Oden and all of the great recruits they got.

The answer is yes. I am in it for the long haul not just one year. I have a lot more respect for the character of Bobby Perry as a person than some kid who only thinks about himself and how much cash he can make at the next level. He may not have the talent of others but he represents the program with nothing but class.

I know there are flaws with the UK program as they are with ALL college programs. The difference is that I will not complain because I don't agree with what is being done. I am a fan and it is my job to support the program not to run it or in the case of this thread run it down.