Whats the latest on UK and UofL Bowl Game invitations???

Riverside 157

I can see where the interest part may be true, but as far as money Im not quite sure...Im assuming you're talking about fans traveling to the game? If so, Louisville's fans travel as good as any other school I've seen, and Im almost positive they'd do their share of bringing folks to the bowl game.

More than that.

BCS games are going to sell out and bring fans for a local economy. But for drawing national attention and television ratings ($, advertising, etc.), ND exponentially trumps UL.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is wishful thinking on your part honestly...Taking a team that isnt even ranked in the Top 10 in the BCS over a #5 or #6 would just be stupid...

I think that bugatti has pretty well sumed up any retorts that I would have had to your statement. As far as wishful thinking, I really don't care what bowl that the Irish go to as long as they are able to win. It time to end the drought and any bowl win at this point would be great IMO.

I agree with you that UL is more deserving, and they may in fact travel well, but face it outside of the Bluegrass (and to some extent Jefferson Co.) UL would not necessarily be a big T.V. draw. Notre Dame on the other hand warrants their own television contract. IMO networks will be able to charge advertisers more if Notre Dame is playing than in a game they are not.

Therefore it is hard for me to imagine a scenerio in which Notre Dame would be snubed from the BCS if they are eligible. If the powers that be in college football really wanted to determine the best team, they would have a playoff, but as we all know the almighty dollar come first and foremost.

Which is why Notre Dame is still rumored to be the first choice for the Rose Bowl, as incredulous as it may seem. If so, I say bring it on. That's the best case scenario for Louisville getting an at large bid if WVU can't get it done.

Which is why Notre Dame is still rumored to be the first choice for the Rose Bowl, as incredulous as it may seem. If so, I say bring it on. That's the best case scenario for Louisville getting an at large bid if WVU can't get it done.

Which would definately prove that college football is flawed. I'm a Notre Dame fan but even I don't want to see that rematch. The Irish offense is playing better at this point in the season, but lets not be naive, the secondary hasn't improved at all and Michigan would just exploit it again same as Southern Cal did last week.

Notre Dame will be in over their heads in any BCS bowl game except against the ACC champ and maybe Boise State.

I would love it if the Rose took ND to play Michigan. I think it would be a boring game, but it would more than likely open up the Sugar Bowl to Louisville where they could play the SEC champ.

I'll go back to 1960. Sugar Bowl 1960 Ole Miss 21 LSU 0...1964 Bama 12 Ole Miss 7...Orange Bowl 1978 Arkansas 31 Sooners 6... 1979 Sooners 31 Cornhuskers 24...Cotton Bowl 1965 Hogs 10 Huskers 7...Gator 1969 Gators 14 vols 13...1971 wartigers 35 Ole Miss 28...Liberty Ole Miss 13 Warbabies 6...As you can see it has happened, but most of these are SEC matchups and of course a long time ago. With the tie ends it just can't happenen.

Actually, it's even more rare than this when you consider Arkansas was never a member of the Big 8.

I'm watching the USM vs. Houston game on ESPN2 right now. Bad news for the Cats - they will have a hard time stopping an offense like Houston's in the Liberty Bowl!!!

Is Houston's offense more potent than Tennessee's?