Whats the latest on UK and UofL Bowl Game invitations???

Riverside 157

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody got some scoop on UK => Independence, Music City or Liberty??? Which one will UK accept and go to? Same for UofL, where are they going??

Looking for some info other that whats on the local tv stations..... anyone got some inside news on the above???

As Deuce stated most invitations are set to come out later this week. You are in the right place to find the news. I am sure it will be posted here on BGP as soon as it becomes available....... Anticipation is part of the process!!!!!

The holdup is due to the SEC not knowing if they will have 2 teams in the BCS games. Once that's decided, everything will fall into place. I hope they do have 2 as that will increase UK's chances of going to Nashville. If not, I'd say Memphis.

The Liberty Bowl was actually a fun trip two years ago for us (UL)...Memphis is a nice town (as long as you stay in the right parts), and we had a good time....Im sure just as many Cat fans would travel there as opposed to Nashville, so the Cats should be happy with either one.

The Liberty Bowl was actually a fun trip two years ago for us (UL)...Memphis is a nice town (as long as you stay in the right parts), and we had a good time....Im sure just as many Cat fans would travel there as opposed to Nashville, so the Cats should be happy with either one.

You're right about the "stay in the right parts" comment. I got lost there a couple years ago, and I don't know if I've ever been more scared.

However, the food was darn good.

Being a UK fan and after the past seasons we have had I am happy with the 7 wins (although they should have beat UT and made it 8) and will be happy with ANY bowl ;) . I don't think that we are in the position/stature in the college football world to be complaining.:D :thumb:

I hear UK is not completely out of the Peach Bowl picture.

If Tech loses this weekend, that would likely knock them to the Peach Bowl.

Unless they fall to the Gator Bowl...

They surely would not want a repeat of the UGA/GT game.

I think they would gladly substitute another team from the SEC in there.

So that team could possibly be UK.

Tough game, but would cap off a fairly successful season.

Where does U of L go if Rutgers wins?

I think with all the negative Notre Dame pub lately....there's a marginal shot they could still get that BCS call

I can't see anyway that UL would get the nod over Notre Dame. Lets not forget what the bowls are really about. UL is likely a better team, but outside of KY they are not going to sell near as well as ND.