Who wins this matchup?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swami says:

If Coach Wallace wants a statement win, then X marks the spot.

After taking the loss last year, the Tigers say "afraid not".

DeSales will not go quietly, this you cab have no doubt.

Yet the Tigers make the big plays and show them what 6A is all about.

If DeSales can keep it close anything can happen but they better be ready for a battle because X will be bringing everything including the kitchen sink! If this game is as half as exciting as last years then it should be a go to game next week.

This game in my mind can go two ways, St.X dominates the whole game and gets its sweet revenge win, or it’s going to be dog fight to the end like it was last year. Desales didn’t look very good last week vs Oldham County and if they play like they did then they won’t win this game. the Colts defense looked amazing but the offense didn’t look up to par. Too me it looked like Oldhams Dline was in the backfield a good amount of time. If Desales Offense didn’t do that well against Oldhams, imagine what St.X’s defense will do to them.

Looking at St. X’s scrimmage from last night they seem to be a much better running team, which is something they struggled with consistently doing last year. If St. X establishes the run they should be able win fairly easily, but if they struggle to establish the running game then it will be a tight game similar to last year.

I don’t know if St. X overlooked DeSales last year or not, but I do know they missed some key scoring opportunities early and combine that with turnovers it was almost a perfect storm. But if those same things happen again, it will be another close game; if St. X converts in the red zone early and not settle for FGs then I can see St. X running away with this one.

The Colts will be expecting a dogfight. We wouldn't expect anything less. These kids have been playing against and with each other since grade school. May the better team win, and congratulate each other and pray together. Good luck and let's have no injuries.