2013 Mr. Football Nacarius Fant Given 5 Years In Prison For Drug Trafficking

He was sentenced yesterday on 3 counts of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (greater than four grams, cocaine) and 2 counts of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (less than four grams, cocaine). An additional charge was dismissed in part of his plea deal.

Fant is currently 23, and sold a total 32 grams of cocaine to a Bowling Green area police informant on 4 different occasions over a 6 week period. He was arrested last August.

After winning the 2013 Mr. Football award in Kentucky following a standout career at Bowling Green High School, Fant went on to WKU where he totaled 1,273 yards and 7 total touchdowns during his 4-year career for the Hilltoppers.

He was sentenced yesterday on 3 counts of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (greater than four grams, cocaine) and 2 counts of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (less than four grams, cocaine). An additional charge was dismissed in part of his plea deal.

Fant is currently 23, and sold a total 32 grams of cocaine to a Bowling Green area police informant on 4 different occasions over a 6 week period. He was arrested last August.

After winning the 2013 Mr. Football award in Kentucky following a standout career at Bowling Green High School, Fant went on to WKU where he totaled 1,273 yards and 7 total touchdowns during his 4-year career for the Hilltoppers.

Man, that is sad to hear, sorry to hear he fell onto the wrong path. Hope he can get things figured out and turns the corner while rehabilitating behind bars.

• 3 weeks later...

As a Bowling Green fan, but moreso as a Nacarius Fant Fan, this is a real shock to me. As far as I know, in High School he was pretty straight laced. He was an icon to so many young fans that you just hate to see this outcome after such as successful high school career.

It just goes to show you that for as many great paths you can take in life there are just as many devestating paths.

This makes me really sad. I am hopeful this is the shock he needs to return to a positive life for someone so gifted.

• 4 weeks later...

Nacarius Fant was granted shock probation this morning. I can’t help but feel like this the best possible outcome that could have came from this situation. I hope he has learned his lesson and that he has a strong and stable support system around him to make sure this never happens again.

Nacarius Fant was granted shock probation this morning. I can’t help but feel like this the best possible outcome that could have came from this situation. I hope he has learned his lesson and that he has a strong and stable support system around him to make sure this never happens again.

Hopefully Nacarius makes the best of his good fortune.