Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Newport Central Catholic

Featured Replies

Ken Collopy has accepted the principal position at St. Cecilia grade school in Independence.

Open? Im confused on what that means.

Coach Collopy resigned yesterday after scrimmage to take job at St Cecilia.

 

Spoke to a friend/ Dad of player yesterday - Jim Pangallo is running program until new HC is hired.

 

Side note - this team will be very good. Jefferson, Howard, Pangallo, Iles and Mullikin all return.

Several questions here:

 

1. Is Jimmy Pangallo interested in taking this job?

2. If not, whom might be interested in the job, Dave Faust, Kevin Bundy, Joe Frederick?

 

You are correct that this team will be very solid and more so if Paul Kramer comes back as a result of the coaching change.

Grant Brannen was very involved with this past weeks Breds Basketball camp for whatever that's worth..that being said he is a grad, kids go to a feeder and he just loves baskeball and NCC so probably just volunteering

Grant Brannen was very involved with this past weeks Breds Basketball camp for whatever that's worth..that being said he is a grad, kids go to a feeder and he just loves baskeball and NCC so probably just volunteering

 

Does he teach at Walton?

Ken Collopy has accepted the principal position at St. Cecilia grade school in Independence.

 

Good for him, Ken is a GREAT guy and deserved better than he got "on the hill". I wish him great success at St. Cecilia.

The only way Jimmy doesn't get this job is he turns it down...right? I mean, if not this time, when? Seems like a logical hire.

 

I like Kevin Bundy but I don't see it.

 

Not sure I see Dave Faust leaving SHDHS at this point for NCC, but ya never know.

 

I think Joe always wants to be in the mix, but I'm not sure I ever see a school, or Joe, pulling the trigger on a HC job. I think he has one Nephew left at CovCath, Mick, so nothing about that timing seems to make sense if he was serious about a HC job.

Mick is no longer at Cov Cath.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13 - Punctuation

Joe’s best friend and mentor was his father and grandfather. His dad was a graduate of New Cath and Notre Dame. I could see Joe interested in New Cath because the Fredrick’s have New Cath blood. From what I understand it’s something his dad always wanted. Joe would kill it at New Cath. Those in the inner circle at Cov Cath would tell you he does a ton for the program and school. From what I understand Joe always wanted to be a head coach.

May be going from the frying pan into the fire. Pastor at St. Cecilia is notorious for being a micro manager and extremely hard to work for/with.

  • Author
May be going from the frying pan into the fire. Pastor at St. Cecilia is notorious for being a micro manager and extremely hard to work for/with.

 

I'm sure Kenny got the down-low about Father Mario from former New Cath athletic director Rob Detzel, who is the outgoing principal at St. Cecilia.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.